• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Waning Summer Hog..

Started by HuntnCarve, August 18, 2011, 06:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I was just finishing up some last minute work on the computer when the wife whispered "I just saw a big hog!"  "Where at" I gleefully asked closing up the laptop?  "He was on the stump between our shed and the neighbors.  But I think he went under the neighbors shed?"
Figuring he would be back out shortly, I snatched up the rifle and went out on the deck.  Wasn't 5 minutes later and the hog popped out and waddled down the bank.  Right when he reached the stump, I whistled, stopping him in his tracks.  The old cherry stump provided a nice safe back stop.  Lining up right between his eye and ear, I touched off the .22 and was rewarded with a meaty "Plop!"  The hog collapsed in the tall grass.  I could see his tail waving to and fro...By the time I walked over there he was stationary.  It was a nice sized boar Silverback, and No. 16 for the year.  Hopefully there will be a few more as Summer crawls to an end...

Good Hunting!

HuntnCarve
Dave

weedwalker

WAY TO GO DAVE !!! :congrats: :congrats: You're slaying them this year. :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

I don't know about the waning part, but it does look dead.   Nice shot.

Jerry

KySongDog

Nice!  Number 16 to boot.   :congrats:   You are hunting in Hog Heaven.   :laf:

HaMeR

I always enjoy seeing another hog laying so peacefully for the camera. Kinda sends a little shiver of glee up my spine.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now get out there & mow that darn yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad3: :mad3:

So you can spot em easier that is.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

Another one bites the dust!

FinsnFur

I'm telling ya....2 more and you got enough for an awful nice coat :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com