Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

remrogers

Enjoy yourself, but be careful of thin or rotten ice.

Hawks Feather

How long have you had freezing weather up there?  It sure seems early to me.

FinsnFur

It was dreadfully cold for quite some time back in late November / early December. Thats actually when all the river ice was formed.
But after that it pissed around with sunny and 30 degree days which really ate at the ice. There's only about 2.5 inches under me in that clip and it took me a few hours to find ice THAT good.
Everything I checked prior to that my spud bar would punch through on the first drop.  :holdon:

Today it hit 45 with 45 mph winds so the ice became razor thin  It's like a roller coaster..because now tonight it's going to get down to 6 degrees. Which will make more ice  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

I think I would like ice fishing but not so sure that I would like to live where it was a thing. I kinda enjoy 25-40 degree winters.

Nice perch for sure.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hawks Feather

I am at the confluence of the Maumee and Auglaize rivers and I can only think of one winter where there were people out on the ice - some skating and others fishing.  It will freeze over, but with the water moving under the ice it just doesn't get safe.  There is usually a person or two that thinks it is safe (after all it is ice on top) and will go through.   :rolleye:

nastygunz

There's a lot more to Ice fishing than fishing. Drinking, barbecuing, snowmobile racing, drinking, and oh yeah fishing  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

Quote from: msmith on December 24, 2020, 08:55:48 AM
I think I would like ice fishing but not so sure that I would like to live where it was a thing. I kinda enjoy 25-40 degree winters.

Nice perch for sure.