• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

.22 rimfire

Started by gravesco hunter, August 31, 2014, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravesco hunter

Just wondering if .22's are still hard to get every where ,went in to gander mtn couple weeks ago,over heard a guy ask for 22's and the guy behind the counter just laughs,i told him the next time they get some in to take a pic so we will at least know that they are still making them,saw some on a website other day they only wanted 100 bucks for 500 rounds

riverboss

I bought 6 boxes at walmart a couple hours ago 3 i bought 3 the wife bought $2.37 for 50 rds. They haf a bunch left rem thunder bolts.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Hawks Feather

http://brassbadger.com

While I have no idea how the darn thing works it supposedly is pretty accurate.  I have a couple of friends at the Fish and Game that check it each morning and have said that they have been able to find ammo using it.

Jerry

Dale

when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

nastygunz

Still low supply round her plenty of .17 HMR.

msmith

Quote from: nastygunz on September 01, 2014, 04:28:34 PM
Still low supply round her plenty of .17 HMR.

Same here. Pretty sad I think. As a kid I had scads of the stuff and almost always had some in my pocket. TBO (time before obama) I bought a bunch, as in several thousand,  of Federal bulk 22s. When I got it home, I looked at it and thought "why'd I buy so much? I'll never use it all." Still have some and sure am glad I do. Still need to find some 22 mag.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

riverboss

Yep 22mag is still hard to come by and when i do find it its full metal jacket.

gravesco hunter

I am not out of 22s,i have about 300 rds that i've  had for two years but i don't shoot them like i used to,because i can't replace them :doh2:

KySongDog

Speaking of .22wmr, I've had some split cases (3 out of less than 30 rounds) of Win 40gr hp mag.   I called Winchester about the problem.  A 10% failure rate is not acceptable to me.  Stuck case that I have to pry out with a knife blade.  Anyways, I sent them the split cases and remaining rounds in the box.  They sent me a check as reimbursement.  I'm thinking the cases are thin.  I don't see it as a chamber problem because other brands work fine.

Anyone else having problems with Win 22mag ammo?  I still have 7 boxes of that stuff.

riverboss

Send it to me!! I shoot it for you and let you know.  Lol.

JohnP

Not any problems out here.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

Lexington gun show today had tons of 22s 500 - $50.00