• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ladner Yellow Blackmouth Cur pups

Started by possumal, February 12, 2008, 09:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Just thought you guys might like seeing a picture of my Ladner Yellow Blackmouth Cur pups, born 1-25-08.  The daddy is L. H. Cronk and the mama is Possum Al's Ladner Sue.  This was her first litter, and she had 5 males and 3 females cleaned off and on a teat slick as an old veteran brood bitch.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

muss

Hawks Feather

Those pups sure are cute.  Keep us posted as they grow.

Jerry

Silencer

8's a good sized litter, good lookin pups. 

Bopeye

Good looking pups. Ladner curs make fine big game dogs folks. They are every bit as good as the Original Mtn. Cur or the Kemmer Cur, maybe better. It all depends on the dog and how much time the owner is willing to spend.  :wink:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

vvarmitr

Wow Al I didn't you were a cur man too.  :shck:

Those Ladner curs are fine dogs. That litter should make 8 happy hunters. :biggrin:

possumal

Yeah, I am thinking seriously about naming that big male "Bopeye", but I am afraid he might grow up and "BITE ME"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Jeb

LOL Al !!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Quote from: possumal on February 13, 2008, 08:44:49 AM
Yeah, I am thinking seriously about naming that big male "Bopeye", but I am afraid he might grow up and "BITE ME"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

You name him Bopeye and that would be one bad, fat, mo fo. You'd have to keep him on a tow chain to keep him out of the garbage....... :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

possumal

More on my litter of pups. They will be six weeks old tomorrow, and I would like to leave them with their mama until they are eight weeks old.  Brent, J.D., and Weedwalker have spoken for three of them.  Brent is getting a female, spitting image of her mama. These pups are really exceptional specimens, and represent some of the best bloodlines from L. H. Ladner's stock of curs. Mr. Ladner gets $225.00 each for pups picked up at his facility in Mississippi.  I will let these go for $125.00 each to FnF members, which includes their puppy shots, worming, registration papers, and a pedigree of both the mom and pop.  I am posting the pups in the following order: First is Brent's little female. Second is J.D.'s little male. Third is Weedwalker's little male. Fourth is the whole crew raising more hell than a pack of hounds with a coon treed.  Note: Most guys who use this breed for coyote decoy dogs shorten their tails.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyotehunter_1

Al,
That's sure a fine looking passel o' pups you got there !   :thumb2: ;yes;

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

bootmud

Great looking pups, If I could move the misses out I'd have room for 2 or 3 of em. :yoyo:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

weedwalker

Those are GREAT lookin' pups Al. :yoyo: I need to get out and kill a coyote so mine has something to gnaw on when I get it home. :biggrin:

ATLRoach

BMC make some great baying pig dogs.. Wish I had the room.

possumal

Thanks for the nice comments.  One thing that continues to amaze me about this breed is how they all seem to have a real clear, ringing, chop mouth.  All eight of those rascals were raising holy hell yesterday wanting mama to come back in and feed them. Naturally, the one Weedwalker is getting was louder than the rest!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

Quote from: possumal on March 07, 2008, 09:00:27 AM
Naturally, the one Weedwalker is getting was louder than the rest!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
That's only because he hasn't figured how to get through the fence .......... yet!  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Al: Isn't it normal/traditional to dock the tails on the Black Mouth Curs?  :shrug:

frshwtr

when i see that pack behind the wire with looks like that i dont even want to think about the h-----l to come.

possumal

Al: Isn't it normal/traditional to dock the tails on the Black Mouth Curs?

Most of the guys who use them for coyote decoy dogs dock their tails, but I don't recall seeing a lot of the guys who post on Foothills Hunting Dogs doing that.  Most of them use them for treeing purposes, everything from squirrels to bobcats.  I think the idea of doing that for the decoy dog purpose is to make it harder for the coyotes to nip them by the tail.  That darned dog Cal Taylor uses is not a Yellow Blackmouth Cur, even though he has trained a bunch of them and likes them, but is called a "Dornbred" named after some government hunter supervisor who started some kind of cross and farmed them out to his agents.  His name is Casper, and he is so much quicker than he looks.  A coyote can't bite him from behind, as he turns on them and faces them head on.  Reminds me of an extra quick cattle dog the way he can spin on a dime.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

Quote from: vvarmitr on March 07, 2008, 09:12:51 AM
That's only because he hasn't figured how to get through the fence

VV, He's behind the fence for the saftey of the other pups.  :biggrin: