Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

gravesco hunter

gravesco hunter

winter did not bother this bird 26lbs

Hawks Feather

Quote from: gravesco hunter on April 22, 2014, 07:43:16 PM
winter did not bother this bird 26lbs

Nice bird.  Not that it matters, but is the bird that black in color or was it due to the camera?  It is really neat if it is that black.

Jerry

gravesco hunter

gravesco hunter

everyone makes this turkey hunting out to be tough,all i had to do is call a couple times and take a 20 min nap then wake up and there he was 20 yds, lol

Hawks Feather

Quote from: gravesco hunter on April 22, 2014, 08:04:13 PM
everyone makes this turkey hunting out to be tough,all i had to do is call a couple times and take a 20 min nap then wake up and there he was 20 yds, lol

That was something like my first year.  Second day, put out a couple of plastic look a likes, called a few times, and in came three Jakes.  Boom, down, done.  Then there was year two and three.  Hopefully your next bird will be as easy as your first and not like years two and three for me.

Jerry

riverboss

Those are some nice birds. I see alot of southern ky hunters talking about henn'd up birds this year because of the late spring. They are about 2 weeks behind up here in the northern tip , heck the woods still havent started greening up. They are usualy about done breeding by the time season opens.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

Looks like hes still roosting in that tree, gravesco lol
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Way to go, Dan and gravesco!  You boys are showing how its done for sure.   :congrats:

On my little patch of ground there has been very little gobbling. Only a few times on the roost and then quiet. I like to run and gun but that doesn't do any good if they they don't talk. You just bump them. I've been sitting in a known area and trying to wait them out. Seen a few hens but no in range toms. The three toms I have seen wouldn't respond.  I'm pretty sure they had hens close by. This has been one of the toughest seasons for me in a long long while. I can almost smell the tag soup already.   :biggrin:    But like Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over till its over."   :laf:

gravesco hunter

that is right semp i have taken a lot of birds the last weekend good luck

riverboss

Hang in there Johnny im sure it will improve over time. I really like hunting the last week and i usually hunt the evenings, those horny gobblers will run you over.

shaddragger

Sweet birds guys! Things are up and down around here, very dependant on taking the "temperature" of the birds from the reports I'm getting. Lots of different tactics being put to use this season.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

riverboss

Johnny I wish my foot would stop hurtin i would invite you up for a hunt! But i think ive got gout at least that is what the doc seems to think. I sure hope he is wrong.

KySongDog

Thanks for the invite, Dan, but I'll keep plugging along in my little patch of woods.  I didn't hunt today but will go back tomorrow and give it another go. 

I figure that by the time I finally get a bird (if I ever do) I will have enough money tied up in gas to have bought about 64 ButterBalls at the grocery. 

FinsnFur

Shoot one at the grocery store :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nailbender

Looks like a few are doing well!  :congrats:  My first attempt was a bust,  did snag a few nice crappies out of the pond though.  So I didn't come home empty.  Still some time left.
  As for the denture.   I figured the turkeys make all them noises without teeth then it's good enough for me too! :laf:

HaMeR

21lbs. 9" beard. Twin 1" spurs.
10:15 Friday AM just after the 3rd soaking downpour of the morning. Closed the bolt on the CZ712 this AM & there was still moisture in the action.  :laf: :laf:   Got it all apart & cleaned & oiled & put away today. Thanks for looking.

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

Way to go HaMeR!  :yoyo: Congratulations to everyone who has been successful so far.   :congrats: Let's keep after 'em.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

gravesco hunter

nice bird hammer,keep bringin them in