• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Question on Solunar Tables

Started by pruson, December 15, 2006, 10:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pruson

I don't quite understand the connection between Solunar Charts "Moon under foot" and "Moon overhead" in relations to the times that are given in other magazines that state specific time frames of Major and Minor Movement periods. I have compared the times from Rick Taylor's Lunar Chart which gives underfoot and overhead times to the Field and Stream magazine's Major and Minor movement periods and there is no similiarity at all, times aren't even close. :confused:

Would someone please shed some light on this subject for me? Not to much to though, don't want the predators to see me. :wink:

stevecriner

Sonny, Man i tried to figure it out and just cant. Got me stumped and im heading to OK here in just a minute so i wont have time to read on it. I imagine someone around here knows somthin about it. Ill read up on it and see what i can find.
steve              Welcome to f&f  Pruson!!!!
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

FinsnFur

Pruson, welcome to the site.

I don't think you spent enough time on Rick Taylors site.  :wink:
He's the man when it comes to this stuff.
Here's a few links directly off his site

What PrimeTimes is and does
Does this system really work?
Do its forecasts apply to my area?
Comparison chart of our formats
PrimeTimes vs "moon tables"
Article on the Solar/Lunar Effect
A few unsolicited testimonials
Frequesntly Asked Questions

And theres an up to date chart on the Fins and Fur main site every month.  Fins and Fur Outdoors.... Click on the Lunar table button near the bottom.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pruson

Thanks for the links. I always just thought that a major period was when the moon was directly overhead. I never knew the sun was incorporated into the equation.  Both provide forces to bear upon the earth. HMM!

Everyone needs to read that one particular link about the solar and lunar effects.  Alot more things influence the timing than just the moon itself. Interesting. Thanks

Most of the time I hunt just because I can, when I can, but it is nice to have a confidence booster once every few trips, just because your timing is in line with all those other influences.