• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Quiet Skunk killers

Started by browning204, August 14, 2007, 09:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmaster

It seems like a hit or miss deal in seeing the others return after making a kill.  Maybe it lies in how much pressure has been put on them.  I had an instance where we had no CB's and my grandfather instructed me to weild the 10/22.  I killed 2 with head shots, 1 sprayed and in an hour or so the motion light came back on and low and behold, there was another one.  Good job on the kill and its good to see that you made it home after doing battle with the mighty skunk! :roflmao:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

browning204

It was a fierce battle but I made it to fight another day  :whew:

It was face to face almost hand to paw combat, the special training that I have recieved from F&F members really saved my

Life or at least Nasal passenges.

Now that I think of it, when I was engaged with the fierce warrior I heard other critters in the woods. I thought it could be

more skunks but the noise sounded like a bigger animal.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

bushmaster

HIS secret weapon!!!

The catterwall

FinsnFur

Quote from: browning204 on August 19, 2007, 07:57:05 AM
It was a fierce battle but I made it to fight another day  :whew:

It was face to face almost hand to paw combat, the special training that I have recieved from F&F members really saved my

:roflmao: :roflmao:   :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

browning204

I was thinking, now that I have killed ONE skunk in my life, I MUST know EVERYTHING there is to know about skunk hunting.

SO I am gonna start a message board called Skunk Masters. I am changing my name to Red Dog and I will make up the rules as I go along and ban people just for breathing.

What do ya'll think?

Does anyone want to send me $2000?

Hawks Feather

anyone want to send you $2,000 - in one word, No!

If you put a red filter on a flashlight it will light them up enough (or their eyes) that you should be able to see your sights better.  Hold the flashlight along the side of the rifle or you can always tape it there.  Just a thought.

Jerry

browning204

NO? why not??

I have a flash light that has three colors of lenses, yellow, red and blue.  I use the red one and I hold it to light up the skunks.

It is one of those L shaped army ones so it is kinda big to tape to the rifle. or hold and try to aim.

Hawks Feather

Try using a little light (like a bore light) on the gun to light up your sights.  If you can tape it on you won't notice the extra weight at all.

Jerry

browning204

I don't think I have anything that small, oh wait, I have a little mag light that might work. Good idea.

bushmaster

I used a massive maglite with  electrical tape and dubbed it "THE POACHER SUPREME"

browning204

I think I might have gotten another last night. I saw one in my trailer so I grabbed the rifle and went out.

As I approuched the skunk got down from the trailer and looked at me then got into the spray position.

I shot and might have gotten it in the face. It ran off light lightning and I heard it doing its squeeking noises in the woods.

Not sure if it was a death cry or a "get the F outta here" cry. There were no other visitors for the rest of the night.

awh

I see right now we need to send CCP up there for some video.... :biggrin:

I also have to agree with Jerry on the $2000. Just give everyone a trail basis for say 15 minutes before banning them :roflmao:

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

browning204

If CCP wants to come up and shoot some video i can insure I will put him into some skunks.  I will be the narrator and I will explain the very specific ways to locate, call and get skunks dead.

I see big $ in my future.

bushmaster

Don't forget about me!!! :eyebrow:

I'm the urban skunk guide!  Ensuring all of your skunking needs since 1986
QUALITY through PERFORMANCE

browning204

ok Bushmaster, your on the payroll.

Hawks Feather

When you roll the credits can I be listed as the lighting technician?  Assuming it works.    :biggrin:

Jerry

browning204

yes you can be named under lighting technician. And stunt double!!!  I almost always do my own stunts but a big production

such as the video  titled SKUNK PSYCHOSIS, it is always good to have a back up.

I jst got a call from the wardrobe people, the Doo Rags are on the way up from Texas!!!  :yoyo:

WhiteHare

I have a contact that can embroider the doo rags with "SKUNK PSYCHOSIS" for a reasonable price....

As a younger man I remember chasing (following is a better term) a skunk along a fence row with my 22.  Could hear the bullets "Thunk" as they hit their target so I know I was making contact.  10 shots, 10 flinches and it was still making it's way along the fence.  Shot #11 must have made the sucker so heavy with lead it couldn't move any farther.  It never did let out the "gas".....and I didn't hang around for long to find out if it ever did.

Them ol' skunks can be pretty tough if you don't hit them in the right spot.  I had to keep shooting just to put it out of it's misery.  Since that time I have become a  better shot.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Richard
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

browning204

Quote from: WhiteHare on August 20, 2007, 09:31:18 PM
I have a contact that can embroider the doo rags with "SKUNK PSYCHOSIS" for a reasonable price....

Get a price on 100,000 or so. I think this is gonna be a new nation wide sensation! People are gonna be fighting over them at Christmas time!!!

I can read the headlines now "skunk Psychosis causes Psychosis"

awh

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.