• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Longest hot dry spell in memory

Started by Okanagan, July 03, 2015, 11:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Hot weather is wearing me down.  Been too long in the cool to handle this well, though it is nothing compared to many of your locations.  We've had weeks of temps in high 80's to low 90's and next week is projected to 99.  Somewhat humid also, though not too bad.  For comparison of what we're used to, the 20 year average high is 71 and low is 50.

Our house has no AC, like many here, though I bought a portable one room AC unit to cool one bedroom.  My wife won't leave that room!  I'm gonna go check to see what berries are ripe on a nearby mountain today, maybe stick my feet in an icy stream of snow melt.   We can see snow out the window on nearby mountains all year round, though this year only Mt. Baker at nearly 11K has much snow.

I grew up in desert with summer temps routinely above 110 and up to 121 as the hottest I recall, and loved hot weather.    It was 113 in my old home town when I phoned my BIL a couple of days ago.  Too hot to enjoy fishing we decided. 

JohnP

I love the desert but with age the heat can be troublesome.  Had a doctor's appointment in Tucson a few weeks ago so we decided why not take the grandsons and spend some time at a luxury resort take the boys swimming everyday and different things at night.  I never left the room until the sun went down!  Over 100 everyday and 114 the day we left to come home.  Been in the high 90's to low 100's down here, with very little monsoon activity.   
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

I'm with you guys its been in the upper 80-95  for the last month or so with  90% humidity I hate it. Bring on the cold.

FinsnFur

Turn yourselves over!...you guys are cooking :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com