• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

spider

Started by John_NY, August 01, 2011, 09:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I thought I'd show this even thought it apparently isn't unusual in N.Y. like I thought it might be. To me it looks like it should be in the rain forest. The spider is a crab spider, also known as the protector of the flower. I don't think he knows that though because there is an ant behind him. Unless it's his day off.  :alscalls:

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

FinsnFur

He knows he can handle the ant. He's wondering what approach he needs to use on the reflection he see's in your camera lens now though. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

John_NY

I don't know what he's thinking but if he comes in the house he's dead.  :alscalls:

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hawks Feather

John,

Nice capture on the spider. Interesting markings on the body as well.  I think he is allowing the ant to call his buddies up to the flower and then the spider will have a good sized meal.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

I think he's looking at the huge ant taking the picture.  :biggrin:

We ought to start a spider pic thread and see what we come up with. Like I said on your FB I'm facinated by the lil suckers.

John_NY

I have been trying to find a picture of a really big bug from last year but can't find it. That thing was huge but it looked like a bumble bee. Never seen anything like it. I think with all this heat the bugs are migrating north. Oh well they will freeze up soon.  :alscalls: 

John

Todd Rahm

John was it like a 4 inch wasp looking thing? I remember seeing one when I was out squirrel hunting as a youth. The thing scare the crap out of me and I blasted it with my .410.  :alscalls:

John_NY

It's about a year ago Todd but I would guess it was atleast 3 inches. But it had marks just like well a cartoon drawing of the back end of a bumble bee. Real distinct yellow and black pattern like a bumble bee. I thought it was in my photobucket but I haven't found it yet. This one also died shortly after the picture was taken.  :alscalls: 

John

FinsnFur

Quote from: Todd Rahm on August 02, 2011, 01:07:34 PM
John was it like a 4 inch wasp looking thing? I remember seeing one when I was out squirrel hunting as a youth. The thing scare the crap out of me and I blasted it with my .410.  :alscalls:

Up here we call those "Starlings" :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Not sure but my fly by killer might have been a Cicada Killer, I swear it was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

John_NY

This is really starting to bug "no pun intended" me now. THe more I think the more I think it was colored like a bee and looked like a giant moth or beetle. But whatever it is it has to be able to survive in N.Y. Well unless it came up here in a crate of banana's or something.  :alscalls: I'm still looking for the picture.

John

topdawg

.410 my arse... your going to need at least a 20 ga  :shrug:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

John_NY

I'm glad there are none of them around here.  :alscalls: 

JOhn

topdawg

that one there might leave a scar lol
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Todd Rahm

Yeah, Dawg, that looks like the thing I blasted out of the air with the ole .410!!!!!