• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Obama on our Flag and National Anthem

Started by LORDDAL, October 24, 2008, 03:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LORDDAL

From Sunday's Televised 'Meet the Press' Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag. Obama Explains National Anthem Stance Sun, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to the Senator that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. At the very least, 'Stand and Face It'
Senator Obama Live on Sunday states, 'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.

'We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. My wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past, many years ago. She has her views and I have mine'.

WHAAAAAAAT !!!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard it right. This could possibly be our next President. I, for one, am speechless.

Dale Lindsborg,

Washington Post
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

KySongDog

A quick check with Snopes.com says that email is FALSE.  I don't like Obama but to be fair, he didn't say it and was never on Meet the Press on September 8. 

LORDDAL

Thanks for the info Semp saw this on another hunting forum and thought Wow and this guys running for President Snopes.com  is blocke here at work and I dont have a comp at home so didnt get to check it out.
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

vvarmitr

Were can you get some stickers like that?  :biggrin:

Wait a minute I think I can do it myself.  :eyebrow:

mihai123

I'm sure the daily show will pick on this one as well

they are the best :)