Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Tailgate / Re: New water heater.
« Last post by nastygunz on Today at 04:52:59 PM »
Take cold showers like a real man  :innocentwhistle:
« Last post by Okanagan on Today at 12:25:02 PM »
Ouch!

What does lime do in the system?  I have cleaned out calcium from a hot water tank.  No idea if below is useful to you but FWIW.

We used to live where calcium would build up on the heating element till it got about 3/16" thick and would crack off and fall to the bottom of the hot water tank.  When those chunks built up to the outlet level it clogged the hot water pipes with calcium gravel throughout the house.  I filled the hot water pipes with extra strength 7% acid vinegar, let it set 24 hours and it dissolved the calcium till it could be flushed out.

Then I pulled the heating elements from the hot water tank and fashioned a long skinny "spoon" to scoop out the gravel from the tank.  Got most of it.

Then I plumbed an upside down goose neck outlet pipe that went up to above tank level, then back down and out the normal hot water pipe running away from the tank.  That way the calcium gravel would have to go straight up about 4 feet to get over the top of the goose neck and into the hot water outlet system.  None ever made it.

Plus, about once a year after that I would pull the heating element and spoon out gravel build up. 

The Tailgate / Re: Border Wall
« Last post by MI VHNTR on Yesterday at 07:27:54 PM »
They all look the same and are nothing but criminal scum.
The Tailgate / Re: Tip of the day
« Last post by bambam on Yesterday at 06:41:24 PM »

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth. Plato
« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 01:25:23 PM »
Brilliant!
« Last post by Hawks Feather on Yesterday at 08:57:31 AM »
I was just thinking, once all of them get here we should all move to Mexico since it would be a fairly decent place with all of them up here.  Good thing is that there would be no federal taxes to support them for us.  But, then again, they would probably follow us back to Mexico so we could support them.
« Last post by Hawks Feather on Yesterday at 08:55:28 AM »
It is probably sitting on a ship on the west coast.   :innocentwhistle:
Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: Winter Camp.
« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 03:27:23 AM »
hes an urban legend :innocentwhistle:
Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: Noooooooooo!
« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 03:23:45 AM »
 :alscalls: :alscalls:
« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 03:21:16 AM »
cant you just clean it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10