• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Amboyna Burl...

Started by Purgatory_Predator_Calls, July 25, 2007, 02:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Alright here's the deal,

Made this call over the coarse of several evenings nearly a week ago.  For that past week I've been wondering what this thing should go for???????  :shrug:  So I discussed the topic with two folks we all know Todd and Jerry.  I brought my dilema to there table as I value there opinion deaply and resect both as people not just call makers or call collectors. 

For a week now  we've been shooting back and fourth about what and how I should sell this call.  The topic of selling it outright came up first, but I was just unable to put an outright price on this call, considering the time I have invested, and materials.  Then the topic of just keeping it came up....  Not a bad idea but I already have a bad habit of keeping a lot of the calls I make that I really like.  (Is it bad that I have more of my own calls in my collection than anyone else?  :doh2: )  With a close second going to Mr. Lata. 

Then the topic of auctioning came up.  At first I was against it because I'm not in this to make money. I explained that In the past there were a few people who I knew wanted a call from me, but they lost out because they were not logged at the right moment. Then both Todd and Jerry made note of the fact that an auction was fair as it gives everyone a chance at a call.    Then it was pointed out the benefits of how auctions were done here.  Being as they have there own section, don't allow BTT's, and empty ego stroking.  That coupled with the idea of everyone having a chance at one of my calls made me go against the grain so to speak and offer this call for a short auction. 

So let's get to it.....

Two piece, ebony ringed, two tone amboyna burl , double o-ring fit, voiced to suit.  Fully assembled this call measures 3-7/8" long X 1-3/16" at the widest point.  As you can see there not square millimeter of this call that does not have tooling or finish applied.  It truely is sealed 100% inside and out.  Being as today is Wednesday and it's currently 1:00 P.M. MST I'll let the auction run untill 72 hours.  This puts the auction ending on Friday July 27, 2007 at 1:00 P.M MST.

Hope you all enjoy and if there are any questions I would be more than happy to answer ANYONE'S questions via PM.

This call carries a lifetime warranty..  And sorry,  the Leupold hat stays with me!

Yoey Gacnik

When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

straycat

Nice !   I'll start it at 20.00 
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

DirtyDog

You know, I know someone who would love that thing......$30.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

quackerstacker

my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Steve,

I thank you kindly sir.  She's all yours! PM Coming

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Todd Rahm

Nice additions Steve, and beautiful call Joey.  :congrats: :congrats:

desert dog

Damnfine call there.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

quackerstacker

my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

Steve,

I have one of Joey's calls, and let me just tell you that you will not be dissapointed.  :yoyo:

ND

FinsnFur

Purdy nice stuff as usual Yoey.
Usual Yoey... :laf: say that ten times fast.

Congrats Quaker  :congrats: nice catch  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Very nice catch!!!!   :yoyo: 

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call