• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Boot dryers

Started by HaMeR, April 22, 2011, 03:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

The lovely Wife decided I needed a boot dryer last year for CHRISTmas. I hadn't gotten to use it enough to decide until this week. With turkey season starting up as well as the rains I knew this would be the perfect time to test it out. Man that thing is nice!! Soaked boots at 1 PM after a hunt are nice & dry at 5AM the following day. The best part about it is my Rockys always shrink just a tad down around my toes. That doesn't happen with this dryer. I'm happy to have this boot dryer. Next up is a pair of Muck boots.  :eyebrow:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Boot-and-Wader-Dryer-by-Peet174/748996.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dboot%2Bdryers%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=boot+dryers&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

I've had the Peet shoe dryer for several years now.  It looks the same as the Cabela's and I bet Peet made it for them to put their logo on.    It is great for drying out your boots or shoes.   I brought mine down to the LBL this year and it was nice putting on warm dry boots in the morning.

As for the Muck boots, I bought the Muck Woody Max boots (my first pair of Muck boots) and have been very happy with them.   They are warm, dry and very comfortable.  I would definitely buy them again.  I would recommend you give these boots a look.   

bigben

I love my mucks.  and boot dryers are very nice.  well worth the money spent on both of em.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

slagmaker

I purchased the MaxxDry brand of boot drier form Rural King and I must say I am very happy with the purchase. Mine dosnt have the forced air but it does the job quite well. maybe not as fast as the forced air but I aint complaining
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

It does seem to be a popular item with a 4.7 out of 5 rating on 363 reviews.  Semp, I found the "Cabela's Boot and Wader Dryer by Peet®" in the post so it is the same.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Does it fill the room with funk if your feet stank :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 22, 2011, 07:32:02 PM
Does it fill the room with funk if your feet stank :laf:

I think that should be one of those "don't ask, don't tell" kind of questions.     ;yes;

Jerry

bigben

mine are hot ratz that I can plug into either the wall or in the car.  they are forced air heaters.  as far as spreading the foot funk I have no comment. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

We need to start charging these places endorsement fees.  :laf:

Yes it is the Peet dryer as Jerry pointed out. It does work very good & I am looking into a pair of Muck boots as my next boot investment. I really liked the idea of them when I seen Frogman wearing his one morning in +5* weather on coyote stands & he never once had cold feet.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Did you just intentionally skirt my question? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Last year I picked up a set of the drop in boot dryers made by Peat, that run off a vehicle plug or house current.  Have never used them.  I like the idea that the boot is upright, with the open top up to let warm damp air rise and get out of the boot quicker.

My all time favorite boot drying system was a pair of old hair dryers with a flex hose and head cap/hood.  Cut off the cap and put the open end of the hose down into the boot and run it on low heat.  Super fast boot drier.

Setting a boot or at least the toe of each boot, right side up, on a floor heat register will dry boots perfectly over night.

iahntr

Quote from: Okanagan on April 23, 2011, 12:24:34 AM
Setting a boot or at least the toe of each boot, right side up, on a floor heat register will dry boots perfectly over night.

That's my boot dryer.  :laf:  A kitchen chair gets slid over to the register, my boots get turned over so the toes are over
the bottom rung of the chair,,, usually dry by morning.
Unless of course your heat ain't running,, then you're outta luck.  :eyebrownod:
Scott

slagmaker

If ya treat your boots properly and dry them as you should. You shouldnt have a problem with Jimmy feet. :eyebrow:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.