• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Some ghog footage and long range shooting

Started by bigben, August 19, 2012, 08:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Here is some ghog footage. The misses at the end are when i was still learning clicks on my scope. Majority of em are 200-300 yd shots as well

This past weekend my boss invited me up to his cabin to shoot long range. The only thing i have is my .243. I did hit the target a few times at 800 at 880 i was having communication issues with the spotter. I was happy with how it went but this was the most impressive shot.

It was his first shot at that range that day. He was shooting off a tripod while standing.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

That looks fun.
I like Earnie's. Looks like it stiffened up and tipped over. lol
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Some real good footage Ben.  I really enjoyed watching it!

Dave

bigben

Yeah it is amusing watching the actual hit even in slow mo.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hidehunter

I really liked the slow mo of the 223 at 180 yrds where the hog is standing up.  You can see the bullet coming.  Great footage. Really enjoyed it  :yoyo:
Denver                                           

HaMeR

SWEET!!!!!!!! I like the head shots. A couple of em look like they just had the HaMeR of Thor dropped on them!!!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bigben

I liked the last .243 hit. That .243 hits hard with the vmax. Unfortunatly it isnt accurate past 300 yds. With a nosler bt though it isnt bad