• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Auction Ends March 4th

Started by Dave, February 28, 2012, 12:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I was trying to think of something to auction off to raise some $ for the bank, but am "challenged" when it comes to making things with my hands.  I was thinking about auctioning of "Pu," the uncarved block.  That way it could be anything you want it to be - a howler, a caller, a squeeker, a box call, a grunt call, whatever.  It's perfect, you just need to bring it out of the block - I'd no doubt ruin your call if I tried to carve it out. Then I realized everyone on this site is too smart to buy into this Chinese Philosophical BS.  Well if you want something carved, go into The Hand Call Store.

This is what I've got:

Up for auction is a quart of 100% pure maple syrup.  My brother and I own some property in North Central PA and allow a guy to tap some of the maple trees there.  He then gives us some of the syrup as pymt.  He has entered his maple products in the Pennsylvania Farm Show, and has won several awards for it, including Best of Show, Maple Syrup Competition, a few years back. 

And to encourage bidding, I'll  match the amount of the winning bid and donate it to the FNF bank.

Here is a rare photo of the syrup coming out of the tree

I guess we can end this at 5pm eastern time, March 4th.
And here are a few facts:

It takes about 40 gallons of sap to produce one gallon of Pennsylvania maple syrup, or 10 gallons of sap to make this one quart of syrup pictured above.

The sugar content of sap averages 2.0%. The sugar content of syrup averages 66.5%, so if you have a sweet tooth, this is heaven!!!

Maple Syrup is rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron. Vitamins B2, B5, B6, niacin, biotin, and folic acid are present in Maple Syrup. Maple Syrup even contains trace amounts amino acids - the building blocks of protein.
    Almost sounds like it's good for you!  In fact, at the end of the fact sheet I'm getting this off of, it states:
It's a fact: Pennsylvania Maple Syrup Is Good For You!
It's good for what ails ya!!

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Nice gesture Dave,  :congrats:
... and I really like that little jug

$20.00
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

weedwalker

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dave

Pat,
Congrats on winning this auction.  I'll PM you for your details. 
Thanks to all you bidders.

FinsnFur

Very nice. :congrats:
Thanks Dave, Pat..and the other bidders

By the way.....Pat's kicking in $50 instead of his original bid of $35.00 :yoyo:
Thanks Pat :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com