• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rubber sling

Started by coyote101, October 04, 2022, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Nastygunz,

Here is a better look at that sling we discussed in the coon hunting thread:

Loops on each end that slip over the barrel and stock.

It's made of heavy rubber like an inner tube. It's 2 inches wide at the loop end, narrows down to 3/4 inch, then back up to 1 1/2 inches. It is actually two pieces, joined in the middle with a buckle, so the length can be adjusted. I have it set to about 57 inches, which is comfortable for me. It's covered with that camo cloth sewn into a tube.

It wouldn't be too hard to make one if you had an inner tube, and could cut it straight.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Thats slick. How does it stay in place? ..or is it actually stretched a bit before locking into place on each end?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Hmmmmmm... kids have a lot of bicycles in the family... :eyebrow:

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 04, 2022, 08:31:45 PMThats slick. How does it stay in place? ..or is it actually stretched a bit before locking into place on each end?

Jim,

You form a loop on each end, then slip one end over the barrel and the other end over the stock. It looks like this close up:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

It looks loose. I guess that would work
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 05, 2022, 05:50:40 PMIt looks loose. I guess that would work

It tightens up when the weight of the gun is on it.

Pat
NRA Life Member