• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

blacky needs some advice

Started by blacky, May 24, 2007, 10:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacky

I am an older man with very limited use of my right arm because of loss of muscle.

I have a 17' Lowe aluminum bass boat and would like to have some information about how to launch and return it to the trailer by myself. If anyone knows of any devices that help make this possible and within an affordable price range I would consider that. If anyone has a secret method and is willing to share that with me, that would be appreciated also.

I had no problem when my brother lived nearby and I enjoy my bass fishing and would like to do it more.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

awh

To launch let a few foot of slack in your cable on the front before you back into the water but after you have the rear of the trailer in the water.(Just in case it wants to slide) Back on in to where the boat starts to come up off the trailer and stop. Have a long toe line and push the boat off till it clears the trailer then use the toe line to pull it back in and either beach the front or tie off to a dock.

I've always left the last third of the trailer bunks out of the water, and when you line the front of the boat on the bunks and get it started straight, gun the motor to run it to your front stop. Then it will sit there and allow you to reach over and hook your cable. After pulling out of the water you can tighten the cable more and secure the boat.

Or Dad use to back in, then get back in the boat and get it started on the trailer. Then he would get off the boat hook the cable and crank in up, but not sure if that will work in your case.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

SCcoyotehunter

What I do for reloading the boat is once I have found the best depth for loading the boat I mark it on my rails with some black electrical tape. This way I know how far to back in the water and stop to load perfectly. This also helps if you have a rookie backing up the trailer for you while you load it. They will know how far to back in.
Hope this helps