• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

CALL AUCTION RE-START!!

Started by Pilgrim, July 19, 2007, 09:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

Sorry for the mess I made out of the other auction.   Stu, in his kindness, says he just won't feel right unless we let this run the full course through Monday, the 23rd.  It was totally my mistake, so he certainly doesn't need to do this - So THANKS STU, that's very good of you!  STU HAS THE "OPENING" BID OF $170

Here goes, once again:    The proceeds from this auction will be split 50/50 with Jim.  Jim's half is going to be put in a "contest prize kitty" for future F&F contests.     (My half will fund future hunting and/or more wood for calls)  :biggrin:.   Note:  Jim is not requiring this in any way and wants it to remain clear that F&F is a charge-free site.  Thanks Jim!

Here's the call again:  Amboyna burl and white corian.  Just under 3 1/2" long and 1 1/8" wide at widest part.   Screamin rabbit voice with extra reeds thrown in.  Auction begins now and ends ***10pm EST, MONDAY, JULY 23RD *** (the last legitimate bid in the thread will be the last bid that is showing 9:59pm).

AGAIN, STU HAS THE "OPENING" BID OF $170

Pilgrim

I just got in and I see this auction ended exactly the way that it should have (IMO)...Once again, thanks guys.   And once again, congratulations Stu! :eyebrownod:

Todd Rahm

QuoteI just got in and I see this auction ended exactly the way that it should have (IMO)...

While a super gesture, I think everyone thought Stu won it fair and square the first time, and I for one wouldn't have felt good, out bidding him the second time.

Nice pick-up Stu, and a super caliber of folks here.  :congrats:

Pilgrim

You know, this whole thing is just such a favorable statement of the caliber of folks here.   It sure enough says alot.

FinsnFur

I knew I shoulda bid when I had the chance   :doh2:

:roflmao:

Awesome Stu!...and I can attest of concern of losing this baby  :wink:

You guys truly are unbelievable  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

^^^ :thumb2: :thumb2:^^^ ditto Todd, and to all the above, my thinking exactly. Congrats again Stu !
Scott

Hawks Feather

Congrats Stu and Pilgrim.  Stu for getting an unbelievable call and Pilgrim for helping out Fins and Fur.

Jerry

studabaka

Thanks guys and thanks Patrick!!! I'm kinda at a loss for words here. .... I really did want the auction extended to give all who had wanted a chance to bid to be able to. ...... but I don't think I achieved that...... what happened here, quite unintentionally from my perspective, was a statement was made by each individual member and this board collectively and while I would have been fine with it playing out differently, the way it did play out is a real life example of why I am proud to be part of this community.

I'm not surprised, but I am impressed  :congrats: :congrats:

:wo: kinda makes me wonder if there is a forum here all you can see but I can't where ya'll organized this  :shck:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

And thanks Stu and Patrick both for the contribution.

Unneeded, but highly recognized. :yoyo:
Kudos to you both. I promptly deposited it into the FnF Member Bank  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Nelson

Congratulations Stu!!  You got a beautiful call.  Thanks to Pilgrim for providing the call and donating to the FNF fund!!

:yoyo:     :highclap:     :congrats:

Nelson

HaMeR

Way to go Stu!!  I knew you would win it again. :eyebrow:  Cuz thats the way we roll around here!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nailbender

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FOsteology

Ended as it should have.   :congrats:

Coulter

NIce call you got there Stu...congratulations and thanks to both of you for your generosity.

Steve

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

As a reminder these will be locked up 24 hours after the bidding closes which allows time for congratulatory replies and prevents the thread from being deviously bumped to distract from any running auction.

Thanks again Stu and Patrick, and all the members for the outstanding outcome of this auction...considering everything ...and as mentioned before, this auction spoke volumes for the caliber of members here  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers