• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A call auction for Brian, his wife, and his children

Started by studabaka, August 26, 2007, 10:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

I'm not going to try and restate Brian's situation here. You can read about it in the tailgate forum. Sufice it to say that Brian is one of OUR call builders and friends. He is part of what makes this place home and he is in need of our support. There is nothing we can give greater than our prayers and encouragement, but that does not mean that the lesser things we can do don't have meaning or will not prove helpful to him and his family.

I do not have the gift of call making, but I have a call I recently won here in another auction. While it was never my intent to sell this call, I believe it may generate interest in addition to the basic purpose which is to rally in Brian's support.

The auction rules state that auctions can only run 5 days unless approved by an administrator or a moderator.... well some how it turns out I am a moderator and so I approve this auction to start on today [Sunday] and end at noon [eastern time] next Sunday. Sunday is the right day and running a full week will allow the most folks to see it and consider making a bid.

100% of the proceeds will go to FnF and 100% will be past on to Brian to help out. Please bid from your heart.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

ninthinning

Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CypressSlough

Stu and everyone else, I really don't know what to say. When I saw this post, my eyes immediately started to sweat again. Everyone has been there for us through a pretty rough year. You can't imagine how proud and thankful I am to call you guys family. I've already sent Stu a message about this, but I will say it here as well. Stu, I really don't want you to sell the call. I know how proud of it you are. At the same time, I have to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks Guys,

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Nelson

studabaka

Congratulations to Nelson who is the winner!!  :congrats: :congrats:

I think you will be pleased with this call of Patrick's. PM me your addy info and I will send out once Jim has confirmed reciept of your bid.

Thanks to all that participated or considered bidding. It's for a good cause  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Man, I still cant get over you putting that thing up Stu.  :nono:
It definitely, and very thoroughly defines your character.  :congrats: :congrats:

Congrats Nelson, and thanks again for the participation.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowjunkie

congrats Nelson thats a fantastic call and Stu my hats off to you for sellin this call yer welcome around my fire anytime  :congrats:

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Arkyyoter

Stu is of an excellent sort....fine form Stu....very fine form!!  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie:

Joe

Hawks Feather

CypressSlough

Thanks everyone for bidding.

Nelson, congratulations on winning.

Stu, I still don't have the words man. You will forever be in our hearts and a part of our family.

Thank you,

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Todd Rahm

studabaka

Hey Ma.... look at me..... I can post in locked thread  :shck: guess these fellers never heard the stories about me and that cookie jar of yours  :eyebrow:

There is one last piece of this auction that needs to be told. I guess it goes back to the prior auction(s) involving this here call. I should have paid more attention to what you fellas were telling me, but I'm a bit slow at times.  :eyebrownod:

Instead of sending me his addy info, Nelson sent me a PM saying.....

"When I bid on this call it was for Brian and Laura.  Same as you putting it up for bid.
You have been through 3 auctions with this call.  I said to myself when i bid for it, that if I won it I would ask you to keep the call, because in my mind, it has become "Stu's Call".  I only ask that you post a picture of a big ole' coyote that you call in with it.  Enjoy the call my friend."

The nerve of some people  :nono:

Well..... I tried talking Nelson out of this, but he wasn't having any....  :wo: darn typical FnF feller behavior ifin ya ask me  :holdon:

Anyway I told him I just won't feel right leavin it that way, so we agreed I would match his donation being this is about doin something to help out a brother.

I guess the only last point is that this here call will never see another auction in my lifetime and the only board appearances it will be making will be costared with dead coyotes.

FinsnFur

This whole deal here literally blows me away. The members on this board and the statements they have made over this call prior to this auction, and now the whole situation with Brian is like wow!  :yoyo:

I dont think any board on the net could find better people to call members then YOU guys. This is one tight ass community  :laf:

Stu and Nelson, I just sent Brain a PayPal for $360.00 on your guys behalf.  :congrats: :highclap: :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com