• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Colorwood distress call for FnF bank

Started by John_NY, November 26, 2008, 10:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I have enjoyed this site since I first came here and have been treated very nice. I thought it was time to try and help atleast in a small way.  I have been making antler calls for about 2 years but have only owned a lathe for about 7 months so I'm pretty new at turning but enjoying it alot.

The money from this call "if any"  :laf: will go to FnF bank so I will mail the call after Jim tells me the money has been received. The toneboard is also made by me from delrin. The call is colorwood and approx. 4 1/2 inches counting the board. The call is finished with a waterbased polycrylic dip. If I forgot anything just PM or e-mail me any questions.

Lets start this off for a dollar and see where it goes. Remember it's for FnF bank not me. I will pay the shipping.

Auction ends Monday night Dec. 1st. at 11:00 pm eastern time.

Thanks
John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

John_NY

pitw according to my clock it looks like you are the high bidder. Thanik you all for the bids. If you could send me your address I can get it ready for shipping when Jim says the funds are there.

Thank you
John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

FinsnFur

Nice job.
And thank you both for the contribution :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

That's cool as I was going to have to give you my address sooner or later anyway.  Thankyou for building and donating.

John_NY

It was fun. I'll let you know after I get your address when the call is shipped.

John

John_NY

Barry your calls are in the mail.
Thanks again
John

pitw

Hey that's what I call putting faith in a sometime's called commie Canadian :yoyo:  I'll have the cheque in the mail directly but am thinking it would get there faster if I just through it up in the air now that we have an Alberta clipper blowing.

John_NY

My wife always tells me I'm too trusting but if you give trust you get it back.  Besides I have your address.  :roflmao: 

John

KySongDog

Quote from: pitw on December 02, 2008, 01:01:54 PM
Hey that's what I call putting faith in a sometime's called commie Canadian :yoyo: 

Hey Barry...... I think you are refering to that comment I made a while back.  Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about you.   :nono:    I was talking about the restrictive gun laws in Canada.  Hence the term "commie Canada".   Sorry if you took offense. 

pitw

Yes Semp your assumption was right and you have now proved to me at least, that you'd do to ride the river with.  The old saying stick's and stone's wasn't quite true.  I enjoy this site more than I could express with my limited vocabulary and have learned a great deal from you people.  Name calling is never a good thing and I'll show an example:  If I call my wife ugly I'm the one that has to live with her[ain't going to be any fun] but if someone else call's my wife ugly, I'm going to be forced to fight as I still have to live with her. 
   I didn't like ecaller's and was willing to be a dink over them so I started a thread to do just that but with the good responses it recieved I was forced to look at what I knew, and just because they have alway's been ilelgal here, I thought they were wrong and you guy's changed my mind, not with name calling but with excellent advice.
   So as far as Canada being communist I took a bit of a poor attitude toward's the thought as in two world war's our boy's were over there fighting for what they thought was freedom for the world right from the onset.  If you pay attention to history you will know that we were also beside you in Korea and right now we're in Afghanistan trying to do the right thing by them.  I'm sure that you didn't mean anything by your comment so I used some restraint in not going berserk and am glad I did.
   I would hope that we can get along even though there are subtle difference's between our country's.  I enjoy the story's from down south about how you do different thing's than I have to do very much and if I ask dumb question's I'm sorry but when you don't know, what else can you do beside's remaining silent and ignorant?  I have made more than one person mad by an offhand comment and felt bad about it later and like you have apologized and tried to straighten it out[didn't work every time but hey I tried]. 
   I'm really glad to have met you folk's and will be sad when I leave but until then let's share knowledge and more than a few laugh's.  Remember if there's anything I can help you with from up here to let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Barry

KySongDog

Glad that's cleared up, Barry.   :biggrin:

Just so you'll know, we give equal rations of chit to some of our own states.  California is also known as Commiefornia because of their gun restrictions.    Us red neck ridge runners try to offend equally here in the great state of Kaintuckee.   :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

PITW's payment for this has been received. I'll go ahead and add it to the FnF Funds and you guys can do what you need to do from that end.

I along with the other members thank ya both kindly for your contributions :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com