• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

creeks are starting to finally wake up around here.

Started by bigben, April 20, 2015, 08:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

I have been hitting the creek usually anywhere from 1-2 times a week mainly to get out of the house.  I haven't really fished water this early for bass ever and have been trying a lot of slow dragging bottom baits.  Tubes and jigs mainly as well as an occasional lipless crank ripped off the bottom.  I have had a hard time finding a pattern on these fish because one day they would railroad a crankbait and smash it so hard it almost felt like I had the rod ripped out of my hands.  Then other days a jig bite was so light you could barely feel them.

but a weeks worth of warm days last week finally brought the water temp into the 60's and the big girls are cruising close to the shallows looking for a little  :eyebrow: 

This past weekend I fished sat for 6 hours and managed one decent little 3lbr and sunday afternoon I fished a few hours with my father and managed another 3lbr and a 4lbr. 

Water is dangerously clear and getting even within casting distance of these fish was difficult.  I could easily see 6ft down with polarized sunglasses sat in the sun and pick out bass easily.  Right now the water is coming up and getting muddy.  Should help stain the water a bit and make it easier to catch a couple more at a shot. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

Looks like not only are the creeks starting to wake up but the fish are too.   :big grin:   That has to be fun.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Those are some nice looking female smallies :highclap:
We cant fish our inland waters yet, but I hit the Mississippi (boundry waters) Saturday and landed one largemouth about 15 inches while I was looking for Stripers to run. Our waters are way to cold yet.
Nice start to the season Ben.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com