• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

bowfishing carp pic

Started by 222Shooter, February 09, 2007, 08:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

222Shooter

I shot this a couple yeas ago. My biggest so far. She was about 38" and weighed approx 30lbs before she deposited a pint of eggs on my foot

Mallardsr

Welcome to the site 222Shooter! Bowfishing from a conoe would prove to be a wet experience for me! Congrats  :highclap:

FinsnFur

Yeah that's a lunker  :highclap:
Where ya from 222~ , looks like some good bass waters  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

222Shooter

I live in Southern Ohio, but the pic is from Lake Erie.

Surprisingly, the canoe is very stable.... for a canoe.  It is a Bear Creek canoe designed for fishing and hunting. It has a wide flat bottom.

There are allot of bass in there also. Nothing real big though. If we miss the spawn we take out the fishing rods and go after the bass. Always a good time.

Todd Rahm

Man thats a honker. :congrats: :congrats:

Nice look'n fish..

R Buker

I love it.

Here's a buddy and one of the carp we killed last summer.  I get out as often as I can.

BryanStanley

That looks like it would be alot of fun.

psycho

bow fishing is great.. Id like to try with a recurve some day.. seems like it would be more enjoyable.

Ladobe

Great pictures.   Nice trophies.   The smiles tell it all.

Sure has been a lot of years since I bowfished carp with long bows, but it was a lot of fun and great archery practice.   Instead of by boat, we stalked them walking the levee's or wading the willow sloughs.   But when I was much younger we just shot both carp and cats with 22RF rifles, and the occasional duck for table fare.   Smoked the carp and they are good eating done that way.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

CCP

Good job and nice pics!! I cant wait till the water warms here a little more will be out there pounding away.

QuoteBut when I was much younger we just shot both carp and cats with 22RF rifles

I can relate to that Ladobe a many Gar, Gator and catfish fell victim to the little 22mag they all make some great food for the deep fryer. Of course I was younger then too wouldn't do it anymore.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

centerfire_223

Bowfishing.... wow that is something I LOVE!!! That is my spring and summer sport. Here is a small grassie I got a couple of years ago.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

Centerfire,

If that is one of the small ones, I would not want to go swimming in those waters!   :laf:    :laf:    :laf:

Jerry

FinsnFur

WOW!  :shck: That thing is pert near the same height as Ronnie Jr!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Ronnie glad to see some of them small ones we let go make there way up to you. :biggrin: When you come down here to get on some big ones let me know :eyebrownod:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

centerfire_223

I'll have to agree, Lake Guntersville is an awesome lake but it is quickly getting shot out. Santee Cooper is the lake to be on right now. It is nothing to see 500 grass carp in one night that will top the 50 pound mark. I got the one in that picture at the Cooper River, it weight in at 65-7. It is my biggest to date.

I am planning on coming down to Alabama to shoot a bowfishing tournament at the end of the month. You want to go out and do some filming?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-