• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Capitol of Sin today

Started by Ladobe, March 02, 2007, 04:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

The talk of the storms in the east sure makes it easier to appreciate what we've been having here.   It has been a yo-yo winter here, but more warm sunny days than cold ones and very few storms.   Did have cold winds (by our standards up to 60MPH) earlier in the week after we had been enjoying beautiful high 70's to low 80's with nothing but bright sunshine.   Sunny and calm today again, but even with all that wind, the yuck has already settled back over the city itself.   Way too much air traffic and too many hot rods are the cause more than industry here.   Anyway, a couple of pictures looking down from the clean air environs where I live way south of the city.

Finally tried out my new digital camera.    :huh:    Been too busy doing absolutely nothing to get to it before now (retirement is bliss).

I zoomed in 12X for a shot of The Strip.   Looks better all lit up at night though.

Looking out toward the west mountains.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FinsnFur

Wow!  :eyebrow: Nice camera.

But I gotta tell ya. I twitched while I was looking at what the pictures were of.  :huh: I dont like that heat look. Nothing about it. Well ....I do like one thing about it, and that is that it's not here  :eyebrownod:  :laf:

I'm sticking with my Antarctica

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

Looks like Kyle is having a ball.   I had pictures of a snow igloo I made along the head waters of the Provo River high up in the Rockies about mid 70's for my dog (didn't have any kids yet).   Ex got all the pics though.   Around here you'd have to build sand castles, that is if you can find any water to get it wet first.

FWIW, I spent almost 34 years in the serious snow/cold country starting back in the late 40's when it really knew how to get cold and pile deep.   Sun worshiper now and even the 120's in summer don't bother me as much as the cold does anymore.   And by cold, I mean anything below in the 50's.   Have only rarely wore long pants or long sleeved shirts in the last 15 years, don't own what could be called a coat and the only boots in my closet are cowboy.   And best of all, you don't have to shovel hot in Vegas or on the windward side of Maui.    Besides, bikini bunnies are far more fun to hunt than snow bunnies.   :wink:

USN 1967-1971

FinsnFur

Quote from: Ladobe on March 02, 2007, 08:15:10 PM

And best of all, you don't have to shovel hot in Vegas or on the windward side of Maui.    Besides, bikini bunnies are far more fun to hunt than snow bunnies.   :wink:

Ok, Ok!  :holdon:  ...You got me there  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BryanStanley

Ladobe
what area of Henderson do you live in? That golf course looks like the one my inlaws live near. They live in Sun City Sumerlin

Ladobe

Bryan -

Pictures are over some of the Revere Golf Course.   Lots and lots of GC's in this valley, with desert landscaping being the norm, so many do look alike.   The 3 at SCS are Highland Falls, Eagle Crest and Palm Valley.

Sun City Summerlin was Del Webb's first SC project in the area and is in the NW corner of Las Vegas backed up by the foothills of the Spring Mountains and Red Canyon State Park.   I lived in the new area of Peccole Ranch just built before I moved here almost 10 years ago (just off the SE corner of SCS).   I now live in Sun City Anthem CC SSE of Vegas against the hills south of the Executive Airport and way west and south of Henderson proper.   SCA is built around the Revere (2 courses) and Anthem CC's and borders Rio Secco GC.   When I moved to Vegas there was nothing but desert out here, and SCS was nearing completion.   Both communities are age restricted - mine 55 or older only.   I'm probably at least 30 miles via the belt route from your in-laws depending on where in SCS they live.
USN 1967-1971

BryanStanley

Had the opertunity to play golf and the Canyons, I believe it is where the PGa plays when they come through. Can't remember how many balls I lost on that course. I love it out there buit there is no work in the field that I am in right now.

Bryan