• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I have been honored

Started by pitw, December 19, 2008, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

A couple week's ago I contacted Hawk's Feather and asked if he would build me a couple of call's.   This man asked me more question's about how, where and why I hunt than my wife ask's about my girlfriend's.  I responded to his question's and he said he would be busy and couldn't get them done until in the new year, which was not a problem to me.  I also asked for him to send one to a fellow in the State's with no return address and he asked no question's but agree'd.  I had asked for his address so I could send money but none was forth coming.  Two day's ago a parcel showed in my mail from some dude named Jerry.  "Who's that" asked my wife. "I'm not sure " I replied, and promptly opened it to see.

These were in the well packaged box and I mean I am some impressed :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: and a bit miffed that I still hadn't heard from him with the address.  I then went back to the box and inside folded nicely was a letter that I can only describe as totally awesome.  In the letter he explain's why he used what wood he had used because of temperature extreme's up here and the difference in reed size's related to sound's they make. [he also sent along a spare reed of different size for me to play with. 
    And then the kicker was price and I quote, "By keeping these call's you agree to help someone else out at some time in the future.  It can be a family member, friend or someone you don't even know.  What you do to help them is up to you and it does not need to involve money-doing a good deed or just being ther to listen to then will qualify.  When you do this, you do not need to let me know, but at that time you can consider the call's "paid in full"".
   How do you respond to that?   I immediately phoned the number on his letter head and talked to a really wonderful sounding lady that told me he was out hunting[Right on].  I called later and talked with one of the most knowledgable and wonderful people I have ever called.  I also am keeping the call's and would like to thank Jerrry for being the person he is as if the world were full of people of his ilk it would be a paradise.   Thank's for the call's and when I get rid of this cold I'll be posting pic's.  Speaking of pic's the one's I have taken to show you the call's do not in anyway do them justice.
Barry Halvorson
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Barry,

Jerry is a top notched classy dude fella for sure, and one of the most respected fellas in the call making community and the forums in general, and this is just another fine example why. That and he keeps me out of trouble the best he can.  :biggrin:

Nice calls, nice write up and fine nice thing to do Jerry, especially the payment part, I might have to use that myself.  :wink:

:bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

KySongDog

Excellent all the way around.    :bowingsmilie:   Great story and a beautful call.   :highclap:

Frogman

That's really a great story.  Thanks for sharing it with us pitw.  I think I might need to order a call from HawksFeather!!  Lot of really fine people on this forum!   :yoyo:  :yoyo:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

Wonderful story .......Now get Better Barry, you gotta do something nice for Christmas!
:congrats: :congrats: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Quote from: alscalls on December 19, 2008, 04:33:01 PM
Wonderful story .......Now get Better Barry, you gotta do something nice for Christmas!
:congrats: :congrats: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :congrats: :congrats:

I sent Santa a letter offering to help pull the sleigh.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Quote from: pitw on December 19, 2008, 05:11:37 PM

I sent Santa a letter offering to help pull the sleigh.

:roflmao:

Yeah, that's the Jerry we all love and respect. He's pretty good at pulling stunts like this. :wink:
You wont ever hear anyone say anything bad about Jerry...well...except me :biggrin: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

So Barry you have been Feathered  :laf:  Couldn't have happened by or to nicer fellers

Barry I am sure you will honor the payment plan Jerry has set up for you

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Okanagan

Now THAT is a class act. Wow!  Thank you Hawks Feather and thank you Pitw for telling us.

Bopeye

Sounds like vintage Hawk to me.  :congrats:

I take terrible pictures but I have a beautiful call from Jerry too, that came with a very similar payment plan. He is one of the good guys and I for one am proud to call him friend. He's genuine and that's a trait that is missing so much in people today.
When I had my back cut on in the summer, there were about ten or so that really seemed to work overtime to keep my spirits up. Jerry was one of them. He'll never know about how much he helped me in August during a conversation on the phone. He'll never know what it meant.

Yes, Barry, Jerry isn't putting on a front..............he is all that you said and more.  :wink: :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyotehunter_1

That's classic "Hawk's Feather" for ya' !! :thumb2:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

possumal

Great, inspiring story for all of us.  The Hawk really soared high in this case. :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Hey Barry,

Is this the same Hawk that I know, cause it sure doesn't sound like him to me.   :biggrin:   The stories I could tell you about him. . . .

I am just glad that the calls made it to you and that you and your son got some practice time while Mom was out of the house.  Otherwise, it might have been you out of the house.  It was great of you to call and I appreciate it and all you do for others.

Jerry