• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ouch

Started by Silencer, June 17, 2010, 09:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

gosh darn hematoma, due to head shaking from suspected allergies. 

Before picture, what happens is a vein rupture under the skin of the ear filling the ear flap up with bloody fluid.  He get it cut tomorrow so it drains properly and I need to switch foods etc etc etc...

I'll get an after pic tomorrow afternoon, he'll have sutures and be wearing one of them lamp shade collars.   even though he's tough say a little prayer for him, he's my sidekick.

vvarmitr

Todd Rahm

Yeah, I have been doctoring my labs reoccurring hot spots for several months now. I think spent close to $800 on at least one visit, a nap and some cleaning, two "cones of shame" and several (I think 4 really) cycles of antibiotics.

Now I'm trying it my way. Went and read the Internet, purchased some electric clippers, allergy pills, gold bond medicated powder and some kind of bag balm looking stuff and giving it go.  :biggrin:

He looks like a patch worked quilt but I think I'm making progress.  :nono:

So good luck with that.  :wink:

But I'm with ya on the sidekick thing. Love the lil feller.

FinsnFur

Not good. But he's tough :wink:
My Golden Retriever always used to get yeast infections in his ears from the ears hanging down and not being able to dry in the humidity up up here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

thanks guys

here's the after pic, they cut it open and cleaned it out then sutured the flap to the top of his head and pinned another flap on it.  Gotta go back in a week, meanwhile he's going crazy with that collar.

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

mannnnnnnn that does not look very pleasant at all. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Wow!! When I had beagles they use to do that occasionally and I would just pop 'em. Talk about bleeding bad!!

You got me feeling sorry for that dog. Looks like a MMA fighter with a cauliflower ear. Poor guy. Hope he get's to doing better.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Silencer on June 18, 2010, 05:26:19 PM
they cut it open and cleaned it out then sutured the flap to the top of his head and pinned another flap on it.  Gotta go back in a week, meanwhile he's going crazy with that collar.

If he could look in a mirror and see what they did to him he would calm down.  That is until the week is up and then some vet would be eaten alive.

Jerry

Silencer

Bop, I tried that twice and it kept getting bigger.  His inner ear started getting infected cuz it was swelling shut so I brought him in.  Trust me, I didnt wanna have to do it, now i find he has allergies and I'm switching foods and buying zyrtec.  Dang food is expensive, this whole ordeal cost me nearly a weeks pay but if you seen how the boy missed him just for that little bit it was all worth it.

cathryn

i hope hes still recovering nicely.

Silencer

Thanks Cathryn, he's almost all better now !!!   *phew*  :whew: