Main Menu

USPSA/IPSC

Started by cb223, February 01, 2007, 07:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb223

Does anyone shoot USPSA/IPSC matches?
CHAD

Arkyyoter

I shot them for 2 or 3 years...a lot!! Haven't shot since about 91 or 92......was almost Master class when I quit.

DVC

Joe

KySongDog

I just started shooting IDPA matches.  I'm not classified yet.  I really like the fact that the "bad guys" don't shoot back!   :biggrin: 

It's a lot of fun.  Give it a try.

cb223

Arkyyoter, What division did you shoot?

I started out with a .45  in limited. The next year I bought a .40 to shoot limited. Then I built an open gun in 9mm. I've been shooting that for the past 3 years. WHAT A BLAST!!! I shoot between 3000 and 4000 rounds a summer at matches and in practice. I am still only B class but it is alot of fun.
CHAD

cb223

This is my open gun. It is a shortened and lightened SV Infinity chambered in 9mm.

CHAD

Arkyyoter

Nice gun....in those days we had open and tactical and revolver....I shot all three....I shot a pretty much stock  Colt 45 acp in tactical class, and an iron sighted 38 super ( Major) in open..it was tricked out, but no optics in those days, and you could shoot it major then too....some folks even shot 9mm major....I shot a S&W 45 acp revolver the last year or two in revolver class....357 before then.

I was running about 84% in those days....Latham and Plaxco were setting the standards....

Joe

cb223

38 super is still the dominant caliber in open class, but 9 major is really starting to catch on.

Back then wasn't the power factor 175 for major or was it higher? Now with it at 165 it isn't real easy to make major with 9mm.
I'm shooting 124gr jhp over 7.9grs of 3n37 at 1350 fps. With a 175 power factor I would need to get 1411fps at least.
I don't know if there would be enough case capacity to get that. My loads are already very high pressure I don't think I would dare go much higher!

Do you know what loads they used for  9 major?
CHAD