• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

any one ever see one of these

Started by slagmaker, February 10, 2014, 11:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

going through some baggies of loose ammo and i came across a 22 round that wasnt like any of the others. longer than a 22lr but shorter than a magnum.

oal on the questionable round was 1.16

did some research and it.looks as tho i have a 22extra long. its a blackpowder rim fire discontinued in 1935.

heres a pic to show the diffrences.
on the left is a 22lr middle the 22extra long and on the right a 22mag
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

Maybe one of these:  The .22 Winchester Rimfire (commonly called the .22 WRF) or .22 Remington Special. Did you measure it or get that OAL from researching the .22 Extra long?
Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

i measured it.
i will have to check the dimensions against the two you mentioned

Dale

the condition it's in I'd think it was the WRF... was a fairly common round til the 22 Magnum showed up...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Dale

when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

slagmaker

That's what I though when I found it. WRF. But the dimensions are not right. when I get home tonight I am gona double check everything with a better set of calipers..

slagmaker

ok, with my better digital  calipers the case length turns out to be .965 which puts it firmly as a 22WRF. Flat.nose so its not the Remington special. Goes to show you double checking pays, that and good tools.

Oh well, was kind of hoping it was the extra long. just for the collectability.