• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Picked up a new toy Saturday

Started by statelinerut, August 27, 2007, 10:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statelinerut

Ran across this NWTF Ultra in 25-06 at the gun shop the other day and I fell in love. Went back at lunch today and brought it home. Man I am pumped. Cant wait to shoot it. Going to be trying the Hornady 117gr and the Fusion 120gr. Cant wait.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

vvarmitr

NWTF 25-06? :confused: I din't know turkeys were that tough!  :shck:

Hurry up & tell us how it shoots!!!!! And more pix too please. :biggrin:

statelinerut

Quote from: vvarmitr on August 28, 2007, 06:20:53 AM
NWTF 25-06? :confused: I din't know turkeys were that tough!  :shck:

Hurry up & tell us how it shoots!!!!! And more pix too please. :biggrin:

Will do vvarmitr. I wish it had been a National Elk Foundation Edition, but in TN that would have been really unique. This edition was manufactured in 2002. I believe this gun was won at a NWTF banquet and the winner never shot it, and traded it in on a different rifle. I am glad they did :biggrin:

I have to get rings in the next few weeks and get it scoped and I will post some range pics. I cant wait.
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

FinsnFur

Yes you did pick up a new toy :yoyo:
Nice looking smoke pole, wow!  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Nice lookin gun ! I like the NEF's. Does that one have the ejector in it then?
Scott

statelinerut

Yes iahntr it has the ejector instead if the extractor. I have a newer 223 with the extractor and I like the ejector a lot better.

-- Ronald Reagan

Silencer

nice, you should be able to work up some pretty fast loads.  My buddy has one and is always braggin' on it.

iahntr

Yeah, I got a .204 with the extractor, I like the gun, but I think I would like the ejector better. Too bad you can't have the option.
Scott