• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Breakfast for dinner!

Started by nastygunz, September 29, 2019, 07:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Whatcha got there?  Loooks like homemade bread?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Okanagan

That looks GOOD!  Highly dangerous to proper tradition however!

While visiting my two grandsons in Pennsylvania a few years ago, my wife and I took care of the boys so their parents could get away.  They boys were ages 5 and 7.  For our first supper I announced that we were going to have pancakes, expecting the boys to approve. 

"No!" said the older one.  "You can't eat pancakes for supper."  He was serious and shocked at my menu.  Hmmm...

I decided that his blueblood genuine Ivy League Dad must be passing on more upper crust than I had realized.  I replied, "What if we have pancakes with chocolate pudding on them?"  His eyes revealed the battle inside him between what is proper for meals and what sounded like good tasting fun. Then he grinned and we had pancakes with chocolate pudding on them for supper.

coyote101

That looks delicious, especially the bread. I have a weak spot for home made bread.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

That there is english muffin bread!

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on September 29, 2019, 08:13:37 PM
That there is english muffin bread!

I want some!

Pat, ditto on the weakness for fresh hot homemade bread! 

nastygunz

Pancakes n puddin= helllll yessss :yoyo:

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on September 29, 2019, 08:23:43 PM
I seem to recall from past post that you have some culinary skills:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/english-muffin-toasting-bread-recipe

All right!  Thanks for the bread recipe.  I plan to try it, but there is one instruction I won't follow.  They say to let the bread cool completely before slicing.  I LOVE bread that is hot out of the oven rather than letting it cool, even if it is harder to slice.  A SHARP knife helps.  And I have been known to tear off big chunks rather than slicing...

nastygunz

Well the English always prefer their food cold and dry ha ha.  I like it piping hot with some mozzarella cheese and garlic 🇺🇸👍

FinsnFur

GREAT! Now I'm hungry :doh2:
I buy a loaf of English Muffin bread every week. Man it makes such good toast :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Looking good.  I love breaky all day.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

I'm going to have to try baking some. Thanks nastygunz.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

I'd also like to mention the table that plate of food is sitting on was built by me and my brother out in the garage one day, if the women don't find you handsome at least they should find you handy!  :biggrin: :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on September 30, 2019, 05:14:21 PM
I'd also like to mention the table that plate of food is sitting on was built by me and my brother out in the garage one day, if the women don't find you handsome at least they should find you handy!  :biggrin: :innocentwhistle:
Well they must find you RRReeal handy then :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com