• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

JohnP, if you ever visit New England ...

Started by nastygunz, February 21, 2020, 09:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

The first thing you want to get in the winter time is an anti-snowy owl attack dome. There's nothing worse than toasting Smore's and having one of them big suckers grab a hold of your head!  :innocentwhistle:

pitw

Twenty years ago it was -40 out when me and a bud went out to try calling in the moon light. I was sitting looking down a valley and did the rabbit squall.  A male snowy[unlike the female in the pic] came up the valley as silent as a ghost right towards me.  Looked cool as [L] until I realized that sum [female canine] was thinking my white camo head gear was a rabbit.  I let out a Wwwwaaaauuuggghhhh and fell sideways as that white plick went right where my head had been.  Next thing I heard was buddy laughing until it turned to coughing.  I've often wondered what kinda scars I woulda received had I not pulled my ninja move.
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Wife wants to tour the northeast late fall or early spring, I then asked her if she was talking about Arizona, she still hasn't answered me.  I checked Bass Pro and Sportsmen Warehouse neither had the owl attack dome.  I have had a few decoys that have been attacked by hawks and eagles even had a Golden Eagle fly off with one for a short distance. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

My expensive pigeon decoys  keep getting attacked by red tailed hawk's when I put them out in the cut cornfields pigeon hunting.  :argh:

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Pigeon hunting is a blast, pun intended. No closed seasons no limits  on feral pigeons.  They decoy in really good and they are nowhere near as smart as ducks geese or crows. I decoy them in and shoot them with a shotgun or I let them land and snipe them from the edge of the field with my .17 HMR.  I have never seen another pigeon hunter in New Hampshire or Vermont so there is no competition.

https://www.soarnomore.com/Homepage.html

nastygunz

You can see the claw marks from a red tail hawk on the neck of this pigeon decoy  :argh:

JohnP

Okanagan

Now THAT looks like fun!  Don't know if my wife would let me shoot them in the flower garden...   :laf:

nastygunz

Tell her they carry Lyme disease ticks  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

JohnP

Quote from: nastygunz on February 23, 2020, 03:55:25 PM
Crosman 1322 with steel breech! :yoyo:

Not sure but I think you and Jim talked me into buying that.