• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hey contractors or home repairers

Started by Brad H, June 03, 2007, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

I'm redoing my garage roof soon. When that's done, I'll be completely gutting the antique electrical and starting over.
I'll be coming back from OK City into billings Thursday morning and figured I'd stop at Lowe's and Home Depot and pick up 250' of 12-2 along with a few other electrical odds and ends.

I've been trying to search the those two Billings stores on line, and here's a few questions for anyone who's been there....

Is there a trick to finding this kind of wiring in "search"? It seems as if it takes an act of god or an accident to find this type of wiring. I've never had a problem searching for anything in the past but this is ridiculous.

I did find 250' at Lowe's but when I went back to it later I couldn't find it...even through "history". I wanted to compare the price ($112 I think) to Home Depot's but couldn't find any home wiring there at all. I know damn well they sell it, but I'm not finding it for whatever reason.

Any recommendations for different stores online or otherwise...or am I barking up the right tree?

Brad

CCP

Brad type in 12/ 2 Romex or 12-2 Romex and it should come right up.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Nelson

Sometimes, if a product is not sold on line, it will not be listed on their web site even though it is available in the store.

Nelson

Bills Custom Calls

Are you sure 12-2 is heavy enough wire,or are you just running lights and a few plugs?

Bill

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Brad H

I tried Romex and still got nothing. I think Nelson is right, it's not sold online even though it's there.

Lights and outlets is all it'll have, Bill.

Brad

Bob D

Brad,
The 12 gauge wire is more than adequate to do what you want to do . Actually the 14 gauge is used more for just plugs and switches around here.
Bob

Brad H

It seems they've been running 12 for all that here without a problem. I don't have anything elaborate planed so I think it should be alright too.

Thanks everyone!

Brad

Brad H

250" of 12-2 for $69 at Home Depot. :yoyo: :yoyo:

I got two. :biggrin:

Brad