• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Converting sounds

Started by fuzz624, November 20, 2007, 07:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzz624

Hello guys.Im thinking about doing some fox hunting.I havent been fox hunting since i was still in highschool.So here is my question.I have some old JS casette tapes with a few sounds that i want to put on my ecaller.{mainly the grayfox pup} So does anyone know how to convert them from casette to MP3 or wave files? thanks again guys

Fuzz

FinsnFur

Well  :confused:.......your going to lose a lot of quality first of all, and to be honest a cassette isnt going to have much of that to spare.
But what you could do is record the sound to your PC with the microphone, and then using a program like goldwave open them and save them in the format you want.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cb223

It can be done but It would be much easier to get some new sounds. There are free ones all over the net. Just do a search.

Arkyyoter (Joe Bradshaw) Has a few on this site that he was encouraging people to download and use. If I remember right one of them is fox pup. I think it was in the hand calls forum.
CHAD

fuzz624

Thanks guys.I have had a hard time finding the JS grayfox pup on CD around here,and believe me i have looked.Everyone i have asked about fox sounds says that the JS pup is the best sound out there.I realy wanted to put it on my foxpro but i may have to try something else.

Fuzz

KillerCaller!

My brother has some of his music mixing equipment hooked up to his computer and can run a cassette thru it and record.  When I can get my hands of the JS Gray Fox I will see if I can record and clean it up with my sound editing program. Of course, I couldn't send the sound file to you because of copyright laws.  :innocentwhistle:

trappinjohn

You need to get a patch cord to go from your cassette player speaker jack to your PC microphone jack.  I use a walkman type portable player.  You can use Windows Sound Recorder.  Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Sound Recorder.   Start your cassette and hit record on the Sound recorder.  May have to adjust the volume a few times to get it to sound good.

fuzz624

Thanks alote guys.I will try the sound recorder and see what happens.Thanks again fellas.

Fuzz

slagmaker

there are a couple good programs out there. I use gold wave and audacity. I have mixed lohman cds after converting them to MP3 with amazing results.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

MB

I have loaded my FX 5 a few times, but still have a few sounds to "fix' from transfers. How do you loop sounds with goldwave ?  My gray fox recording did not loop and is a bit of a pain to keep replaying with the sound scroll button.  Thanks.

possumal

Hey Fuzz: I think you'll realize better quality if you establish a "Line in" from a cassette player to your pc, and then record the sound with Goldwave. Once you get it recorded, you can enhance it with Goldwave. I think the "Line in" will give you a better recording than a microphone.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

keekee