• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

FoxPro's new Open Country Caller

Started by FinsnFur, February 24, 2008, 12:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

You have got to be kidding me :iroll:

I'm a FoxPro fan myself...but tactics like this have really got me to wondering about their integrity.

FoxPro's new Open Country

Minaska's Big Country

"Often Imitated Never Equaled"....back to the drawing board with that one eh?

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Mallardsr

:confused: Couldn't find it on their site or forum. Hope your kidding!  :rolleye:

CCP

Here is a better pic of the All In One caller by Minaska.

I seen this subject posted on another site also and so far I have seen 3 complete threads deleted. :doh2:  usually I see Foxpro post all there new stuff on that board this time AP posted it. I guess they new there was going to be flack about this. I don't think bad of AP. I like buying stuff from them and have always gotten great service and fast service from them.

I have read thread after thread about how they say the FX5 is better than Minaska's  Big Country All In One and now they go and make one just like it. :confused: I am sure we will hear how the foxpro remote is so much better and Foxpro has better sound Quality Foxpro's battery last longer and BLA BLA BLA  :sleep:

Now when someone says I like the Minaska better because........ Foxpro or a crony will say hey we got one just like it "But our's is better".
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

browning204

I watched those threads unfold also. They all got wiped out and the mods had a gang pile on some members saying excactly what we are saying here.

Pretty sad isn't it? That is why I changed my sig line yesterday. after seeing foxpro's latest release, I just had to.

Come on foxpro, do you have to make it so obvious when you copy? You have been disecting WT's for years trying to get ideas, now this?????
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

KySongDog

I've got the Minaska Bandit M-1 and really like it.  Small, light weight and works perfect in the woods.  Comes with 100 sounds too but I'll probably never use all of them. 

The Foxpro Scorpion looks similar to the Bandit M-1 to me.   Sure looks like FP is chasing Minaska.   :wo:

FinsnFur

Quote from: browning204 on February 24, 2008, 03:13:49 PM
I watched those threads unfold also. They all got wiped out and the mods had a gang pile on some members saying excactly what we are saying here.

Pretty sad isn't it? That is why I changed my sig line yesterday. after seeing foxpro's latest release, I just had to.

Come on foxpro, do you have to make it so obvious when you copy? You have been disecting WT's for years trying to get ideas, now this?????

Yeah you best not be going to PM and airing negative comments about an advertiser more particularly, Foxpro. You can only post really good things about them over there. Try to post something that doesnt stroke the FP's ego and you'll get one of these. " Sorry but you'll need to take that up with Foxpro, this isnt the place for comments like this."   :roflmao:

Well at least their admitting it.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

browning204

Quote from: Semp on February 24, 2008, 03:40:25 PM

The Foxpro Scorpion looks similar to the Bandit M-1 to me.   Sure looks like FP is chasing Minaska.   :wo:

You have that correct!!!

As far as what Jimbo said, he couldn't be more correct either. Don't you dare say a negetive thing about foxpro or else! But slam Minaska or WT and then it is a fun little Dog pile. I am so glad that I don't post over there and I have this place to hang.

HaMeR

One guy used the term "Foxaska" jokingly & the new mod over there,, dogpile or dogboy or whatever ,, threatened to ban him.  :laf:  I gotta go see what they did to my post now.  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Rich

In looking at the photo, it appears that an SP-55 speaker has been mounted on the front of a FoxPro Prairie Blaster. Here in America we have a system of business practice that is called free enterprise. I see no problem  with FoxPro's integrity here. Sorry to be the big bubble buster here, but that is my honest take on the situation.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

browning204

yes Rich and your point is good but, They (foxpro) claim to be industry leaders. "lead by design not deception" and what ever hoopla they wanna say.

Then why are the copying Minaska if they are leaders?

How ever you slice it, it's a rip off from Minaska.

nastygunz

I take great pride in being the originator of the term "FoxAska"..:yoyo:...which I have now licensed out to the wise man who linked me to FnF, that being Browning204... :bowingsmilie:..as far as the PM site goes, and all those light headed, light loafered couch commando mo-DUH-rators,...... :argh:..... they can delete my posts and ban me, BUT THEYLL NEVER TAKE MY FREEDOM!!!! (William Wallace)...:)

bigben

I had known that they were going to be doing something like this since back in october.  I had asked em if it was possible to incorperate a decoy into a fx5 because I liked the way the minaska was put together but I like the convience of going to foxpro and getting stuff changed custom to my liking.  seems like a well put together unit from the pictures.  did they copy minaska?  I aint sure how to play that one.  just because minaska was the first to do it does not make it a right to be the only one.  however I am not going to say that the foxpro one is better then the minaska without messin with it.  whatever floats peoples boats should be what a person decides on.  I do like the remote on the foxpro but without messin with the minaska remote no one can make a detail opinion on which one they like.  I did not see the posts on pm but I imagine it got ugly over there.  It does look like the foxpro has one of them smaller speakers on the back of the unit.  
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

browning204

Hey Nasty, glad you made it. As I said, you will like it here. All the guys are wicked cool and this is a good place to hang.

Nasty and I know each other from NHW&W and we trade shots every now and again. He uses a foxpro and I of course have the WT.

He is an ok guy but doesn't answer his phone!

Rich

browning204,
I went back and looked at the new  FoxPro  caller again. I think all that they actually are doing is offering their already present Snow Pro Crow caller with a different speaker. They did add a decoy on top, which was a nice touch. I can understand why some folks are taking offense to this new caller, I just don't see it as a copy right infringement or an integrity problem. It is a non issue to me.
Foxpro Field staff

nastygunz

Thanks for the welcome browning.....as far as the caller, i own and like my foxpro...i didnt try to get involved in all the stuff at PMS between foxpro and minaska, but got jumped on for stating the obvious, along with others, that the foxpro call looks just like a minaska call....if it looks like a duck....quacks like a duck.......

browning204

Rich, I respect you very much for what you have done for the coyote hunting sport so please don't think I am argueing with you.

No one said copy right infringment. But they (foxpro) run around like their crap is ice cream and have the protection of the PM mods.

All to just copy minaska's callers.

If they are so high on the hog then think of your own designs. What happened, is the flashlight look not selling no more?

Rich

"If they are so high on the hog then think of your own designs. What happened, is the flashlight look not selling no more?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Browning,

I know that you are not trying to give me a hard time. Don't worry about that.  :biggrin:  You have a good point with your "flashlight look" comment. I don't know how much my input had to do with the new FoxPro caller, but I did suggest a new caller recently that looked almost exactly like the new FoxPro rig. Even the coon tailed decoy on there was part of my dream caller. Now I want one real bad.  Maybe if I tell Steve Dillon about a calling trip I hope to take next month, I could convince him
That my north texas calling safari would not be complete without one of those new controversial callers?
Foxpro Field staff

browning204

Rich, that idea just might work! if you can get a freebee then great!!

listen, it all boils down to: Why did foxpro let another person release their new caller? why didn't foxpro do it themselves?

because they KNEW it would cause a pile of poo!

Why is it not on their (foxpro) website yet?

Why wasn't it at the shot show?

Why if they are industry leaders, can't they come up with their own stuff? why copy the M1 and now the all in one?

Put it this way, if Bill Martz EVER came out with ANY caller that was pocket sized, had a smaller remote, banking system, plastic body, remote text screen and blah blah blah. You KNOW as well as any other person that there would be a total up roar in the caller and hunting community!! They would call for a witch hunt and come storming into NH with their torches and pitchforks! Yelling OFF WITH HIS HEAD! But when poor little foxpro does it, well its called R&D or giving the consumer what they want or smart business and all the other lame excuses that the foxpro pickle sniffers come up with. ANd to top it all off, they get the protection of half brained mods at PM of which some of them are mods at foxpro's site. It is all a nasty mess and I think alot of people are just plain sick of it.

sorry to spout off, again, not at you Rich.

nastygunz

speaking of WT callers is it true they are working on a special "snow" edition that will allow the user to push a buton and activate an anti-gravity force field that will actually levitate the user over the deep snow?... :wo: