• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A few extra calls...

Started by Coulter, May 23, 2007, 08:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Here are some extras that I made while working on other calls...if anybody is interested the 3" calls are $30 and the 3.5" are $35...the first two on the left are spoken for.

The trapperman.com is number 2 of 5 and will auctioned off on the T-man website. Proceeds will probably benefit Furbearers Unlimited

I have pics of each one of the calls pictured also if anybody wants a better pic of a particular call. They are from left Padauk, 3.5" Curly Maple, 3" Curly Maple, 3.5" Curly Maple, 3" Curly Maple, 3.5" Curly Maple, 3" Black Walnut (glass) and 3" Redheart (glass)

Arkyyoter

Hawks Feather

Nice looking calls.  I kept looking at the calls last night trying to figure out what the metal piece was - maybe a belt loop or striker stop or who knows what.  I just looked at the picture again this morning and I realized that they are stands (that display them very nicely).  No one ever said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer.   :rolleye:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Thanks guys...

Jerry - that is funny :roflmao: :roflmao:

Here are some close ups of the curly maple in the middle and the redheart glass on the end.

Steve

cb223

Those are very nice!!!

All of the slates I have are 3.5 or a little bigger(most are store bought). What effect does the size have on sound? Smaller = higher pitch?

CHAD

Coulter

I have found the the surface, striker and distance of the soundboard from the bottom of the slate or glass has more effect on the sound than the size does. Don't get me wrong, there is a noticeable difference, but you can still get a deep raspy call from these calls. Generally speaking, they are a hair higher in tone though. I actually prefer the 3" over my 3.5" calls. They are still loud enough to reach out a distance too and they fit much nicer in the palm of your hand :wink:

Steve

yotehunter74