• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hevi Shot Dead Coyote in 00buckshot

Started by vvarmitr, October 21, 2008, 10:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

Flipping through my Midsouth Shooters catalog & I came across Dead Coyote in 00buck  :wo: (item #s 096-42209 23/4" 12ga & 096-42213 3" 12ga)
According to Chet's list ... http://www.finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=370.0 ;  ...  that's a 33 caliber slug.  :huh:  W/ the retained energy that pellet would have, being made of HeviShot & all, if you hit a coyote at 100yds w/ 3 or 4 pellets you'd oughta knock'em assovertincup. Not saying you'd kill 'em nor would I advocate shooting at 'em that far.  :innocentwhistle:  Reason being the 23/4" holds only 9 pellets & the 3" holds 12.  W/ only that many pellets, depending on your pattern, brings ya back to around  50yds. However, back to the the retained energy thing you could shoot through a multiflora rose bush & the pellets would still be on a search & destroy mission!  :eyebrow:

Now I know some of you are going to tell us that I'm full of digested plant & animal matter because it isn't even listed on the HeviShot web site. You're right, its not.  I'm hoping tonight after the folks in OR  are awake I can find out more.  :wink:

Now one thing for sure, you're going to really havta look beyond your target!  :readthis:  That retained enery thing again. :wink: This stuff should be dangerous for a ways.

As for Midsouth Shooters, I highly reccomend them ...
www.midsouthshooters.com