• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Paradise, a song by John Prine

Started by KySongDog, April 27, 2009, 11:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Paradise, KY is located in Muhlenberg county in Western Kentucky where I've spent most of my life.   Here is a song by John Prine that tells of the coal mining history of the area together with some old pictures you might find interesting. 

It is a great song and I hope y'all like it.  Click it to "full size" and turn your speakers up!

pitw

Thanks for that Semp.  Up here we were brought up to believe that Kentucky was all blue grass meadows and race horse's.  Talking and learning from you fellows is hurting a few of my myths.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

The bluegrass and race horse farms are in the middle of the state in and around Lexington.   That's where the rich folk live.  Western Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky are the step children of the state.   :rolleye:

Some times folks refer to the "golden triangle" in Kentucky.  That's an area from Louisville to Lexington to Cincinnati where most of the wealth and jobs are.  The rest of us scratch out a livin' the best we can.   

iahntr

pretty cool Semp, Thanks
I hope to make it down through there someday.
Scott
Scott

msmith

Great song and great pics. Thanks for sharing that Semp. I like historical stuff like that.  :yoyo:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Tikaani

Thanks for sharing that Semp, love looking at those old photos

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

vvarmitr

Ol' John Prine, what a writer!  ;yes;
I was able to sing along w/ it because that was one of my favorite John Denver tunes. Of course nobody else was home too. :iroll:
:laf: