• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Season starter

Started by pitw, April 30, 2009, 08:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Well guys it has been a long winter and our money making season started yesterday.  Mandy took her machine out and started applying liquid fertilizer and today number 2 [trevor] heads out with his machine.  Saturday I will start in with chemical application and the race is on.  If I don't answer your pm's or emails in a timely fashion I apoligize for it now as things can get a mite hectic around here for a couple months.  Making a living for the year in two months says you gotta give'r when the givin's good.  Had a great day yesterday at an auction sale and thought I'd show what I saw on my last day at play.

Home made skunk traps.

Emmerson kicker for grain dockage tests at the elevators

Running one lung pump engines.

Just stuff

This followed me home.

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Barry,

So did you buy the skunk traps?  It sure is nice that the maker added that little vent tube so you could put your nose up there to find out if you really had a skunk in there.   :puke:

Sounds like spring is starting to arrive if you can't spend time shooting coyotes out your window.

Jerry

vvarmitr

Did you get the traps & what looks like a kerosene stove too?  :shrug:

alscalls

I like the stove, the Saw and the crocks! Man I wish I had been at that one! :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hidehunter

My stepdad is an auctioneer and he just acquired a bunch of crocks and an old woodburning cooking stove that resembles that one.  How old do you believe the one you just got is?
Denver                                           

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on April 30, 2009, 10:13:46 AM
Did you get the traps & what looks like a kerosene stove too?  :shrug:

The skunk traps sold for $12.50 each and I didn't buy any.  The lot of legholds and coni's sold for $175 and I was willing to go $25.  The stove was a wood burner that I had never seen before and the damb thing brought $225.  I got the scale and two old square wash tub's.  They sold a Massey 35 tractor[$6,000] just like the one I bought last year for $3,000 so that made me feel good.

Al the 4 gal crock with lid sold for $87.50 and the 10gal sold for $85 but I already have those.  That two handled saw was in the best shape I have ever seen one, I was going to buy it for my boys to "learn" on but it sold for $225 and was only 4 feet long.

Hidehunter I have never saw that particular stove before yesterday.  I'd be guessing here but I'd say that one is from the 40's as it didn't have any extra iron on it kinda like they were saving iron for the war effort.   It sold for $275 I think.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

Barry, good luck with the farming.  Please be safe.

I'm betting your boys are happy that dad didn't buy that saw.. They aren't call "misery whips" for nothing!  Nothing like them though, for curbing "youthful enthusiasm"!  LOL!