• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Didn't realize Google was anti gun

Started by Bopeye, May 02, 2009, 08:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Got this email from a place I use a lot.  :confused:  I didn't know.  :shrug:
I guess I can't mention this site anymore on there.  :innocentwhistle:

PLEASE READ COMPLETELY:
We regret to inform you that the 'Firearms' category and subcategories have been removed from the Local Sales Network.

Google notified us on April 28th that weapon-related content is in violation of their policies.  They gave us 72 hours to remove the content if LSN is to continue earning income through Google's advertising campaigns.

We understand this will displease a portion of the LSN community. Realize this action was not only difficult but absolutely required to maintain LSN supporting revenue. The Local Sales Network is a FREE service; the majority of financial support is earned through our 3rd party [banner advertisers].

AS a result, you may no longer place any ads in any category advertising the sale of guns, rifles, firearms, ammo, or promoting any website that advocate the sale of the above.

Important! If you had any active Firearm Ads containing paid extras (featured, bold, advanced, or attention-getters), please send an email to support@golsn.com. We will credit your account, or refund the cost of any currently active features.

We understand this is a very popular service and we have a solution.  Our programmers are currently working around the clock developing a new local website that caters specifically to firearm enthusiast. This new website will be a separate service from LSN and will not have Google advertisements. We expect the website to be open in only a few days.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Roundman

:rolleye:  :rolleye: I've bought guns from people on this site. I hate to hear it. When the new site is up let us know.

FinsnFur

Actually this is old news.
Another member on here that started the HuntersSpace online store posted about it last year I think. They banned him from the google adsense and some listing, for selling firearms and ammunition.

It's was nothing short of hypocritically pathetic then and it still is.

What was the other site anyway Bop?

I dont plan on changing a thing here. If Google wants to ban me from their listing, so be it. It's that much more bandwidth I can use via someone who really wants to see the guns for sale etc, without their search engines swimming through everything.

Besides that, once Google gets well known for being anti gun there's going to be a new comer to the playground, if not several to pick up on this nich. And word will spread fast that Google is not the one to use when looking for such related material.
The best part is who ever picks up on it is going to have a gold mine I would think because their going to have some SERIOUSLY targeted advertising going on.
I wish I had the know how and resources to create a search engine :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

I'll find out the other site Jimmy.

BTW, while we are on old news. Don't buy Pepsi products either. Ya know Quaker Oats, Gatorade, Frito Lay and a span of restaurants. You will be catering to the enemy there as well.

Haven't bought Levis in 20 years, so I reckon I can do without Google or anything owned by Pepsi co. as well.  :wink:

Just makes me feel good.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Carolina Coyote

All Gun lovers need to know who the Anti - Gun company's are so we know who to Boycott, I was not aware that Gatorade,Frito-Lay were Anti-Gun   :rolleye: but they go on my list now. Thanks Bopeye. cc

cathryn

i found out by accident that pay pal is also anti gun.