• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Daddy got a new camera

Started by FinsnFur, May 26, 2010, 10:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Semp, I was trying to show some of the camera's abilities. 
Not get your prognosis on WHATS IN the pictures.

Geeez are you a friggin doctor?
:wink: :laf:

..for the slow readers :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

KySongDog

:alscalls:   :alscalls:  :alscalls:

:hahaha:   Doctors and Engineers.  

I'm just waiting for the Lawyers to show up next.   :laugh2:

alscalls

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 27, 2010, 08:59:49 PM
Thats not an odditie Al. They are found on many desks throughout North and South America, and many other countries today.
It's a small opened end container to store pens and pencils in while no writing is taking place.

There seems to be some sort of container possibly meant to hold things from your desk........with one pen in it......... then a plastic cup.........Full of pens and pencils....... You sure you aint related to Red Green?   :alscalls: :alscalls:

That camera is Way cool!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Well here we are 18 months later and my new camera is on it's way to the hospital. :sad:
Please send your prayers.

The inside of the lens (I think thats what it's called) has accumulated some kind of debris. Dust? But it's so bad now that it shows in 99% of the photos.
Here's a zoomed picture of my ceiling. Which is pure white and spot free by the way. :sneer:

Here's an unzoomed pic you can see the blotches on

I sent Canon an email regarding it and never got a response. I decided to send them another one and still never got a response. :confused:
Like Jerry suggested, a phone call was in order.
Once I got a hold of them they asked me to send them the camera with a letter explaining the problem and they would contact me after they received it and looked it over, with a price quote. :innocentwhistle:

I'm sure the debris is dust from carrying the camera in my pocket everywhere. But what the hay. They make it small enough to put in your pocket like that but your not suppose to put it in your pocket? ...or am I suppose to shrink wrap it each time I do?
I should have asked that in my letter  :laf:

I'm pissed but curious to see how this turns out.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

After 18 months I would think you are pretty much on your own.   But then again, if you don't ask you won't receive. 

CCP

QuoteI sent Canon an email regarding it and never got a response. I decided to send them another one and still never got a response.

Quotethey asked me to send them the camera with a letter explaining the problem and they would contact me after they received it and looked it over, with a price quote.

Think they will contact you like they did the first two times??

Doesn't really matter what they do to it, a Canon will never be able to beat the quality of Bobeyes camera phone. :innocentwhistle:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Well, if they dont contact me it'll all be on record this time. With signed delivery confirmation, and insured for $250
Maybe I'll have to take a trip to Newsport News VA,  and do some Hob Knockin :innocentwhistle: and then take a picture of THAT!. There might be some blotches in the pic but you all will know what took place :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

iahntr

I had the same thing happen to mine Jim,
not quite as bad though.
Scott

FinsnFur

Seriously? :huh: Was it the same camera as mine?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Ladobe

Jim,
After spending thousands (literally) on digital cameras since they came along (previous last two were around 1K each with all their goodies), I said the hang with fancy digital cameras with manuals like the NYC phone book, and still only took so-so pictures compared to my trusty old SLR film camera bought in the mid 80's (about $4000) or my two SLR's with all their lenes bought in the early 70's (about $2000).   My cheapie first digital in the 90's did better, and for less than $100.   So I went back to basics, and my latest one bought about 18-20 months ago, set me back $120 shipped.   I took one brief look at the manual and saw it would do anything except wash windows, filed it, put the camera on point and shoot and called it good to go.   It is small and very light, so club fingers make it a little harder use, as does my handicaps if I have to hold it low and use a thumb for the shutter release.    The screen while large is stationary, and that makes it harder to "compose" pictures too, but still livable.  But it does pretty good from marco to infinity for a cheap 10MP calling all the shots.   Way better than its big brother Canon S3 IS I had before it with all the extra bells and whistles bought for it, or the Oly 700 Zoomer.   Gave the S3 IS POS to my son, still have the Oly.     Have taken a ton of pictures with it in all lighting conditions, with/without flash, with and without macro and it hasn't missed the boat once yet.   No bigger than a pack of cigs in a shirt pocket so easy to always have along (unlike that SLR S3  IS I had to carry in a fairly big belt holster).

Some took a couple of days ago in awkward low positions by someone who the ground is no longer a part of his world unless he falls on it.  Yea they would be better if I programed the shots, but these are good enough for an old geezer on the final lap.

Larry

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FinsnFur

Thats a powershot also. Mines pretty much the same line, just a different model.
I agree they are pretty amazing lil cameras :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

iahntr

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 14, 2011, 10:38:13 PM
Seriously? :huh: Was it the same camera as mine?

Nope, mines a Panasonic Lumix.
Scott

Jeb

Remember those soft bags with a pull string that Crown Royal use to come in ? I have one very similiar to that except smaller that I put my canon in while in my shirt pocket or pants pocket. Dust free while your carrying it. I miss taking alot of video but dayum the editing.
                                    Jeb

FinsnFur

Yea, I got a couple of those that were shipped with safety glasses but they are made of a nylon which would probably be even more lint free.
I'd take a picture of one but... :doh2: :sad:  :iroll: :sad2:

Anyway, I guess I might have to do something like that. It was always so nice though to whip it out and take a pic.
Having to drop my pants, untuck my shirt, stick my left foot in and shake it all about, do the hockey pockey and turn my self around.....is gonna really suck.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Well I got a reply today.
MY initial reaction was, I wanted to pick up the phone call them and ask if they would be so kind as to take that camera and shove it up there #$$'s after reading what they sent me back.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, they dont repair this model and they will send a new or refurbished one for an additional $140.00
YAH! I'm sure they would :rolleye: :argh:

Click the image to enlarge, and then click it again to open it larger.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

Ask them what model they'll replace it with. Might be worth it.  :shrug:

FinsnFur

I thought of that, but I can just see them saying they dont know yet but it will be of equal or greater value. :iroll:

I figure if they know what they want to swap it with, they would have mentioned it.
I'll ask anyway, but thats what I'm predicting. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

See what kind of deal they'll make you on an S95 or their new S1000.
I have the S95 and it serves very well for a P&S. Took most of my pictures with it in Africa as it was compact and convenient to carry in shirt pocket.

FinsnFur

The more I dwell on this the madder I get. :argh:
Something just dont seem right. They are going to charge me an "Out of Warranty Standard Labor Charge" of $121 as if they were servicing my out of warranty camera. And then replace it.
Why am I being charged an "Out of Warranty Standard Labor Charge", there's absolutely no out of warranty labor  taking place.

So everyone who sends anything in out of warranty, automatically gets charged the $121.00 THEN... start discussing what it cost to fix the camera. :wo:

Am I missing something here or am I just being anal?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers