• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Coming to a store near you

Started by FinsnFur, October 16, 2011, 09:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Which reminds me, I was behind one of these things a few years ago as he made a right hand turn into town.
Something wasnt strapped down :nono:
Nuff said! :innocentwhistle: It was sure cool looking before it was all done. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

Is that turkeys or chickens? I have a load of turkeys that looked like that a few days ago but now they fit in little boxes very nicely.  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

nastygunz

That reminds me of my niece n nephew this weekend who were traumatized when I showed them my freshly shot turkey..mostly due to their mother who has distanced herself from her country upbringing...I asked them both where they thought their thanksgiving turkey came from..they both said, Shaw's supermarket :doh2:..talk about having a disconnect from the realities of life...I asked them where the pilgrims got their turkeys from?...that got em thinking...I told em they went right out and shot one just like this!!! :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

The BIG difference between that truck's turkeys and the ones in the wild is that there is better eating on the truck birds.  Not that I don't enjoy wild turkey (both eating and drinking) but if I had to pick the butterball would win.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Those are Turkeys Art.
I've never figured out why they haul these things open like that.
I mean even other lives stock is enclosed with holes.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 16, 2011, 08:59:47 PM

I've never figured out why they haul these things open like that.
I mean even other lives stock is enclosed with holes.

From what I've been told turkeys & chickens need a lot more air.

Hawks Feather

I don't know, but I wonder if they are hauled in smaller crates to keep them from pilling up and suffocating the ones on the bottom.  I can remember helping a farmer when I was a kid to remove chickens from a coup.  It was my first time and I thought that rather than chase them around that I would just herd them into the corner by waving my arms.  WRONG thing to do.  They did go to the corner, but ended up about 15 deep and the farmer was (needless to say) not happy with me.  The catch and remove process kicked into high gear to get them out of the pile before they died. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

15 deep!  :alscalls:

I woulda done the same thing. I didnt know they could stack that high and snuff each other out. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Carolina Coyote

Okanagan

About 25 years ago when I was younger and poorer, I picked up one of those big white turkeys sitting addled on a rural highway the night before Thanksgiving.  We didn't have a turkey.  I looked on it as a gift, and still do.