• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Good time at the lbl

Started by Roundman, February 06, 2007, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

I planed on leaving Friday but I received a call from Ronnie telling me that he and Carl were on the way up early. This got the wheels turning. I left work early, packed the stuff in the truck and was gone.

Got to Wranglers Thursday night and crashed at Ronnie and Brent's cabin. (By the way thanks guys) Talked to Wayne and the rest of the guys for awhile. I met Jim and his son for the first time. A couple of nice YANKS I must say.  :biggrin:

Friday morning the Rooster woke us up early and out the door I go. Driving down the road thinking it don't get no better than this and then I had a few deer run out in the path of the truck. Can ya guess what happened next. Thats right I hit one but just hard enough to knock it over and roll on top of it. She was under the truck kick the floorboard and thrashing around. I was able to gas the 150 just enough to spit her out the back.

I made a few stand that morning and walked my tail off. Latter hooked up with Rich and Arron for a couple of sets. Thanks guys for letting me tag along. Had a good time.

Checked into my cabin and met Studa,Topdawg and Newdog. All nice guys I could not have ask for a better cabin group. I hope they thought the same about me.

Saturday made a few stands with Newdog with no luck. Saw some sign but the winds made it hard to hunt.
Sunday me and Stu hit a nice looking ridge for a mile or so with no luck but the country sure was pretty.

No luck for me this year with the coyotes but got to meet some great people and had a blast. I would have posted this sooner but I'm just now getting over the trip and Super Bowl party  :yoyo:
Thanks to all the guys that put it together and the guys that sent stuff for the give away. Already looking forward to next year.

Bopeye

Roundman,
  I sure did enjoy meeting you. One of the best parts of the LBL hunt to me is being able to put faces with names.
  Coyote hunting is secondary to meeting y'all, but don't get me wrong.......I do like the coyote hunting part.... :eyebrow:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Pretty cool snow pics  :highclap: Roundman.

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. Hopefully it happen again  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Roundman,

It was a pleasure. I will have things scouted out for next year. Maybe we could hook back up and get some fur down.

Joe

Roundman

Bopeye
I might be calling out your way in a couple of weeks..If ya want to tag along with me a buddy let me know.

Newdog
be happy to.

studabaka

Other than being totally jealous about that boot dryer of yours  :wink: it was great bunking with ya. You'll never know the will power it took me to not swap my boots for yours when I made that midnight relief trip to the back of the cabin  :shck:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff