• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL 2010 Hunt Date Poll

Started by KySongDog, August 07, 2009, 09:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Quote from: CCP on August 08, 2009, 02:27:56 PM
I like the idea of the polls and it gives everyone on the board a chance to vote. I was wanting to bring some of this up at last years LBL but it was canceled because of the storm. I would like to see this kind of stuff brought up at the next LBL so everyone can have a voice.

Giving everyone that goes to the LBL hunt a voice is fair and the way it should be.   The question I would like to pose at the 2010 LBL hunt for those present is.....

"Are you for or against setting the future LBL hunt date as the first full weekend of coyote rifle season at LBL?" 

We should always know from the U.S. Forest Service a minimum of six months in advance what that date is in case they decide to change it from year to year.  So far for 2009 and for 2010, they have set January 26 as the opening day of coyote rifle season.  My guess is (and I could be wrong) that they will continue to do so in the future.

We can discuss this and other questions or proposals at the LBL in 2010.  But no matter what we decide I plan on being there!   :biggrin:

LBLDOG

Either dates I will be their. I will just pick my vacation  according to whatever is decided . Vacation picking for 2010 starts 1st week of Dec at my plant . No big Deal to me either way !!  Just let me know the dates!

Bopeye

Gotta be careful for those wanting a bobcat. The rules look a little sticky. Don't be using an e-caller and only weapons for small game.
These boys don't play around guys. Here is the info.

The bobcat hunting season is Dec. 1-Jan. 31. All bobcats must be Telechecked and tagged according to state regulations. The statewide season limit is five bobcats per person, (only three may be taken with a gun), including bobcats harvested on LBL. Bobcats may be hunted during daylight hours only. Legal weapons are those specified for small game hunting, or for deer archery hunting during the Dec.-Jan. bow season. Callers may use hand- or mouth-operated calls only. Electronic calls are not permitted for bobcat hunting.

Tennessee
Bobcats may be taken Dec. 1 - Feb 15 by legally licensed and/or permitted hunters. Statewide regulations and limits apply.

Also, if want of you want to nail a hog, we could sure have some good eating on the spit. Make sure it's a smaller type hog though. The bigger ones are GAMEY.  :puke:

FERAL HOGS
Feral Hogs have been illegally released in LBL and may be harvested during any open season with weapons specified for that season. Feral hogs are destructive pests that transmit diseases and compete with native wildlife for food and habitat. Please immediately report any sightings of feral hogs or hog signs to:

Wildlife Unit: 270-924-2065

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jimmie in Ky

I was pretty much by myself the second year and Brent jumped in to help out. I was thankful he did. Still am. Someone wanted me to change the dates that year because he was starting the Indiana predator shindig and decided that would also be the best date for it, Wonder wy he thought that, hmmmmmmmm. He also decided to do the INDY hunt after dates had already been set for the LBL !! He was told no then.

I still say we should stick with the original dates. This thing is known as the LBL hunt the first weekend in February by a lot of locals and others across the state. Folks know we want to keep this as a friendly event and oriented towards sharing the sport. Folks still ask about it on other boards each year. They remember us and how much we enjoy each others copmpany.

I can also understand the itch for the possibilty of hunting bobcats in January. I have only called in two myself and neither were legal at the time. But is hunting a cat more important than the tradition we have already set ? Jimmmie

Bopeye

Well since I don't have a shot at a bobcat anyway, nor do I want one, I don't care about that.

I thought it was the first full weekend of the centerfire hunt for coyotes. Didn't know a particular month had anything to do with it until this year.  :confused:
Doesn't matter to me though. I'll come nekkid and chew the fat, while you boys are looking at it.  :eyebrownod:

Jimmie in Ky

Naw Bop. We are going to paint yer face green and your butt orange and stick a candle in the crack to light everybodies way in. :eyebrownod: Jimmie

FinsnFur

I'm not doing the orange paint this time :nono:
It's someone elses turn.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Somehow I feel so violated and dirty.  :shck: I think I'll go take a shower now.  :laf:

YA SICKOS!  :wink:

George Ackley

yea pop it raining hear to so i better get mine wile it last :eyebrownod:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

KySongDog

Voting closes today at 2135 hours! 

KySongDog

Well the voting is over.   8 voted for January and 9 voted for February.

So the 2010 LBL hunt will be on February 5, 6, and 7, 2010.

Thanks for voting everyone!   :congrats:

pitw

I did not vote as we all know as much as I'd like to be there that chances are slim  :madd:  If I had of I guess I would have voted for the winner :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

LBLDOG

I'm glad to hear it's final, now I can pic my vacation days for 2010 in Dec.