• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

On the Big Pond yesterday

Started by TookyRiverCalls, October 01, 2007, 12:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TookyRiverCalls

I got up at 3:30am to head to the Merrimack River in MA for some saltwater fishing.  The sea was a little rough at first but calmed down late morning.  We caught Haddock, a few real nice Cod, a couple of sharks (dog fish is what my buddy called them I think?), Cusk and those darn little red spiky fish.  I was kind of :sad: that I forgot my camera for some photos! 

We went off shore about 10 or 15 miles which is the furthest I've been so far.  My friend that took me filleted all the fish for me which I thought was nice of him.  I was out there for 12 hour and went I got home, I still felt like I was out on the water.  I have a lot of fun out there but not sure how soon I want to do it again.  I much prefer staying in close where I can see land :iroll:

www.tookyrivercalls.com
The Last Call Your Turkey Will Ever Hear

FinsnFur

Quote from: TookyRiverCalls on October 01, 2007, 12:26:07 PM

My friend that took me filleted all the fish for me which I thought was nice of him. 

We all need friends like that.

Being completely surrounded by water like that is something a person has to experience before he says, "Dat aint nuttin".

I was born on the river, my dad was a fishing guide on the Mississippi River for many years, and every spare minute I had I was out on that river fishing myself.
A divorce found me living in Racine, Wis. with my mother, right on Lake Michigan. The first trip I took out on that lake, and seeing nothing but water as far as I could see in all directions was MORE then enough for me. Never went again.  :pout:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

Hey Tooky I don't get out of sight of land anymore fishing either. Had a bad experience once out in the Gulf of Mexico, Coast Guard had to find us and tow us in during a storm. We were 28 miles from shore. Never again!
Bob

FinsnFur

Bob has never been right since  :sad3:
Have ya Bob  :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

TookyRiverCalls

Bob D

I think that probably would have ruined me from even fishing my dads pond in the rain on a windy day! :whew:  I really like going after Stripers (sea bass that it, don't want anyone to miss read what I typed and it get back to my wife :laf:) and you can only fish for them three mile off-shore which is where I'll be from now on.  Although, that Haddock last night was pretty darn good!   
www.tookyrivercalls.com
The Last Call Your Turkey Will Ever Hear