• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"Stepped across the line..?"

Started by HuntnCarve, September 11, 2008, 12:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Todd Rahm

Dave, I know nothing about duck calls at all, but I really like the body shape, style and carving on that call.  :congrats: I think you'll enter a new arena in which you'll do quite well at.  :wink:

What ya gona do with that call?

Rprince

Very nice carving Dave. I used to make a lot of duck calls & it can be tough to get the right shape on those hand cut toneboards.
GOOD JOB!

HuntnCarve

Thanks Todd.  Looks like we're in the same boat as far as not knowing much about duck calls.  I had a bona fide champion duck call maker/carver request a carved predator call from me.  When he got it, he told me that I needed to be devoting my time and talents to making duck calls?   And to be entering contests?  It just kind of got me to thinking?  -Something my wife says is dangerous!
As for this call?  I might sell it on down the road?    So we'll just see?  Anyway, thanks for the kind words!

Dave

Hawks Feather

Oh No!  Dave has gone to the duck side.   :holdon:

Nice looking call and I am sure that you will not have any problem being accepted by the duck hunters and call collectors.

Jerry

FOsteology

Nice looking call. I can like the overall shape and that's a very nice piece of cherry. Not knowing anything about duck calls.... how do you voice them?

Silencer

I think you done a fine outstanding job  :yoyo:  If you do make a few duck calls, sometime in the future I'd like to get one off ya. 

Always wondered why you didnt carve dekes, I guess you did  :eyebrownod: 

FinsnFur

Whats so hard about making duck calls?  Cronk has been doing it for years. :shrug:

Rich, you KNOW I'm kidding :eyebrownod:  :wink:

I couldn't let all this go right on by...they just left it wide open :laf: :laf:

Nice work Dave, very nice :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

John_NY

The duck call looks great and the carving is amazing. I used to like carving until I seen what you do. Now I know I stink at it.  :doh2: 

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

blacky

Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com