• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

antler calls

Started by John_NY, August 31, 2009, 06:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I got an order yesterday for 2 antler base howlers and an antler base distress open reed call. This is what I finished up. Just waiting now to see if the guy likes them or not. He said one of the howlers will be going to his Dad. All the boards were made on my new jigs and that sure speeds up the process quite a bit. Trim a reed and good to go.  :roflmao: 

I just noticed the picture in the preview. I can't see the lanyard grooves but they all have one.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Todd Rahm

John ya just can't go wrong with antler calls. They alwasys sound louder, crisper, and are darn toot'n nice to look at some times.

What boards do use for them?

John_NY

I have been working on  both boards the howler and distress for a long time. I finally had a jiig made for each one and it's a whole lot faster than before in getting boards done. I still cut the reeds one at a time though so I can still get different sounds if I need to.

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hawks Feather

John,

Looks like you did a real nice job on the antler calls and I am sure that the customer will be happy.

Jerry

pitw

John if your customer doesn't like the calls I know who does :wink:.  Great looking bunch that is :yoyo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

John_NY

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words.

John