• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Turtle-boy

Started by Dave, June 27, 2014, 07:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Brought my phone along on this short late day fishing jaunt so was able to take a few pics.  Typical stuff - entertaining.

There are smallies and largemouth in the stream, but very spooky.  Here's the only one we actually got to handle, even though he had a few others on.

Then this critter happened by and Dante couldn't resist mixing it up.
NOTE: For whatever reason, this next pic is actually a video - you need to click on the pic, and then the video pops up.  Way over my head, and any explanation that Jim has for this happening will also be over my head!

And then this was from another day in the same area.  He wasn't too shy about us being so close.   

coyote101

That turtle was not too happy about having his tail grabbed.  :argh:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

What a day!  That's a great pic of Dante and the bass.  I can't get the video to show but what fellow Dante's age could resist messing with a turtle? :highclap: :biggrin:

That woodpecker looks like the larger of the two red headed species, and if so I've heard that it is quite rare.  I've only seen a one of those in my life, plus half a dozen or so of the smaller (lesser pileated?) ones.

JohnP

Couldn't get it to work either.  I would think that I also would grab him by his tail and I'm just a couple of years older than Dante.

Where are you guys located in PA?  We may go back for a visit this fall.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dave

John P, I live about an hour north of Philadelphia, so if you end up visiting or even just traveling in southeast PA, be sure to let me know. What area of PA are you going to visit?

I think I have the turtle clip figured out and am gonna try posting again.  Hopefully you can see it - you'll recognize his victory cry!

FinsnFur

Very nice! I love catchin smallies.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

I would not like to be n the business end of that turtle.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Dale

when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

JohnP

"If" we go back we will be in the NE, New Castle, Elwood City, Erie area. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs