• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I pulled the trigger on a kayak upgrade this morning.

Started by FinsnFur, February 10, 2018, 10:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Ed...said the day would come. lol
I bought my first one not knowing if I was going to enjoy it or not and I definitely did enjoy it.
I have no qualms about the first one. Enjoyed everything about it.

The new one is pretty much just more of everything I liked about the first one. Longer, heavier, more stable, more comfortable, more options for mounting accessories, more storage, and of course more money.
Cant wait to get her in the water.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Nice!!!  :congrats: :congrats:

Been eyeing one at a local store but cant get the wife to let me pull the trigger.  :biggrin:

nastygunz

Purty sweet! Hey u only go around life once, have fun is my theory! Todd, try my technique on your wife, buy it then hide it from her as long as possible  :alscalls: :innocentwhistle:

Todd Rahm

Good plan in theory, but if I park her car outside to store it in the garage..........................she might notice.  :wo:

nastygunz

Tell her you're going to wash wax and vacuum her car when you get around to it  :yoyo:

Coyotes-R-Us

old is the new young

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

I'm wondering if'n I could handle one :wo:.  without drowning myself.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

That looks great and as for the money - you can't take it with you.

Jerry

nastygunz

Did you crack a bottle of PBR across the bow to christen it?.... :wink:

FinsnFur

You definitely could John. You really have to try to roll the new ones anymore. Or take some MASSIVE waves from the side and get it rocking out of control. And still some of the higher end kayaks still stay upright.
The trick for the less stable ones is to point your bow into them. Like when an inconsiderate jet boat flys by. Point your bow to the wake and you dont even notice them. And actually thats a rule of thumb for ANY boat taking big waves or wake.

The old one I used for two years Barry. Couldnt tell you the hours but I used it almost every weekend for anywhere from 5 to 8 hours. The dealer I got my new one from DOES do trade ins and they DO sell used...but they didnt deal with the brand I was upgrading from which is an Emotion Kayak. SO I'll sell it out right one it warms up outside. I should be able to get better money for it selling it myself anyway.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Dave

Great looking kayak.  Stable enough so you will be able to stand and fish off it?  I feel mine is stable enough, but it's tough to actually pull it off (age and balance).

pitw

Quote from: Dave on February 12, 2018, 07:07:18 AM
Great looking kayak.  Stable enough so you will be able to stand and fish off it?  I feel mine is stable enough, but it's tough to actually pull it off (age and balance).

Think of the people around you who need an uplifting laugh and try it. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

weedwalker

Great kayak Jim. :yoyo: WS doesn't do much advertising but has some of the best quality kayaks made.

centerfire_223

John you need a kayak like mine, a might easier on the shoulders.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

JohnP

Ya know I never thought about paddling the damn thing.  I get worn out using a cane and/or walker after about twenty minutes.  That's a great idea, think I remember you posting it from before, buts the older you get the more CRS sets in.

Todd Rahm

Ok Jim I'm blaming your for my future purchase, expect a call from the wife!!!!  :innocentwhistle:

After two days of videos on comparisons, accessories and how to do's.......I think I'm ready.  :biggrin: