• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

IPCSCI coyote club

Started by CCP, February 18, 2010, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

Not trying to SPAM you guys are talk you into anything but want to share something with you that I believe will be very helpful to coyote hunting in the future.

As we have all seen coyote hunting has become the largest growing hunting sport in the world. The coyote population has exploded and the coyote hunters have exploded in numbers. Seems there are 1,000 new coyote hunters a day.

With this influx of interest we have seen many try and cash in on it from calls, DVD’s, clubs and contest. It seems a lot of people are going in all these different directions and the leaders of the pack or in the direction of the money.

One of the largest growing things lately are the introduction of clubs and organizations claiming they want to help coyote hunters . They self appoint themselves and play hide and seek with the money. They want club dues and in return you can hunt in their contest. No clear direction and no real help to coyote hunters other than lining their pockets.

Most of these clubs only want to create membership and to do that they only promote contest. These contests create more money which pulls in more members and sponsors. The only time they do anything for the coyote hunting community is when they have an agenda that fits into this. Mostly pushing for night hunting where ever they pop up so they can add more contest and members. We as coyote hunter need more than contest. We need real coyote hunters fighting for all coyote hunters and getting everyone’s side discussed not just the ones with one-sided agendas.

I get tired of it and have been searching for a group to be a part of that will promote coyote hunting in a good light and actually has the backing to get things done. A group that promotes fund raisers to help others and to help hunters keep their heritage and not let coyote hunting be lead in the way of the deer hunting.

A lot of you have heard of Safari International? For those that haven’t  one branch  of SCI has spent $140 million since 2000 protecting the freedom to hunt through policy advocacy, litigation and education for federal and state legislators to ensure hunting is protected for future generations.

Another branch has provided $47 million since 2000 to conservation, wildlife education, and humanitarian programs around the world. Growth of SCIF has continued to gain momentum through charitable donations from SCI members and direct grants from local chapters and the SCI organization.

Fortunately a well known and respected coyote hunter that was previously involved in SCI contacted them and has taken the steps to procure a coyote hunting chapter of SCI. It is IPCSCI. (International Predator Callers Safari Club International.)

Here is a link to the new website.

http://ipcsci.org/

I am proud to be a part of this and the Steering committee. Here is a list of the steering committee you will find some of the best proponents of the coyote hunting industry.

1.   Richard Baxter....... Eastern Coyote Forum, videographer
2. Gerry Blair............ World famous author, videographer, columnist, philosopher,etc. etc.
3. Murry Burnham....... World famous hunter, caller, call maker, videographer, predator calling pioneer
4. Mike Burris........... World Coyote Calling Contest promoter (AZ.) ATA Vice-President, Arizona Predator Callers President
5. Steve Craig.......... The Lion King, SW Furharvestors co-founder, predator guide, trapper
6. Les Johnson........ No room for Les' bio ...click on http://www.predatorquest.com/
7. Ronnie Robison.... 2005 FoxPro Sportsman of the Year, Prostaff Predator Sniper Styx, Lohman GoldStaff 21 years
8. Mory Tait ........... Two time World Predator Calling Champion 1966, 1967
9. Dr. Frank Turkowski.. Research Biologist, Author, WS trapper, predator caller
10. Mark Zepp........... Producer and videographer of some of the best predator DVDs made.

This is a proposed chapter of Safari Club International that shows real promise and can be checked out here...
http://ipcsci.org/forum/index.php?sid=1109...e23ea7c143029b8

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Rich Higgins

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

You still aint sent me your address in a PM.......... :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bopeye

International Predator Callers will be a chartered with Safari Club Internationl
The reasons to be part of SCI

Mon, 02/08/2010 - 16:27 â€" admin

SAFARI CLUB INTERNATIONAL

Safari Club International is serious about protecting hunting freedoms. In many ways, SCI is first in legislation, litigation and international advocacy for hunting.

SCI has its own lobbyists in Washington DC, in addition to a well-staffed office on Capitol Hill. SCI is a 501(c)(4) organization that has a connected PAC.
SCI regularly attends worldwide meetings, such as CITES, to speak up for hunting.
SCI has approximately 190 chapters and 50,000 members.
SCI provides strong support for grassroots chapters who work at the state and local level to preserve hunting freedom.
SCI partners with other organizations as well as federal and state agencies in litigation against anti-hunting initiatives.
SCI is a leader in hunter education and wildlife conservation, preserving wildlife for the next generation of hunters.
SCI spent $280 million from 1979 to 2008 on hunter advocacy and wildlife conservation.  Breaking that down:
SCI 501(c)(4) has spent $140 million since 2000 protecting the freedom to hunt through policy advocacy, litigation and education for federal and state legislators to ensure hunting is protected for future generations. Because its advocacy is firmly rooted in sound science of wildlife conservation, SCI holds a credible position in the hunting and conservation community.
SCI Foundation (SCIF) 501(c)(3) has provided $47 million since 2000 to conservation, wildlife education, and humanitarian programs around the world. Growth of SCIF has continued to gain momentum through charitable donations from SCI members and direct grants from local chapters and the SCI organization.
SCI Legal Task Force Committee has engaged the anti sustainable-use community in federal and state courtrooms around the country. SCI fights to support and defend hunting as a recreational opportunity, a wildlife management strategy and a conservation tool.
SCIF continues to strengthen our emphasis on North American conservation, with major support for two predator-prey projects and involvement in several projects throughout the continent.
SCI's publications, Safari Magazine (7x year) and Safari Times newspaper (12x year) publications have been recognized for their world-class articles on hunting, firearms and identifying threats to our hunting heritage. The “In the Crosshairs” e-newsletter provides breaking news to more than 45,000 members on a weekly basis.
SCI’s annual convention is widely viewed as the largest gathering of hunters and the hunting industry in the world attracting more than 22,000 attendees and dedicated SCI members. This year's keynote speaker (Saturday, Jan. 23, 2010) was President George W. Bush.

NASA

vvarmitr

slagmaker

If any one wants money there comming to the wrong hunter. If they want my support with out the money then they have my full support. Being a member of the IPSCI forums dont cost nothing....yet
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Rich Higgins

Slagmaker, the dues to join SCI is $50, an additional $20 to join the IPC chapter. All of the funds finance the conservation projects, legal defense costs and humanitarian projects such as the "Wounded Warrior" hunts that we are planning at this time.
All of the participants.. general members, directors and officers are volunteers and are not paid or compensated for their time... no one is enriching themselves in this organization. In fact the conflict of interest by-laws prohibit anyone who makes their living in the sport from serving as an elected officer or board member.
Perhaps an occasional manufacturer or promoter will attempt to profit from SCI but they will encounter a layer of obstructions.

slagmaker

Rich Sorry if I came across like they were out for money. I know this to be the farthest thing from the truth. Its just I dont have no money. None. Caput, wallets empty, I take a shot only when I know I am gona hit it and not waste the 23.57 cents that it will cost me to reload the shell kind of broke.

I applaud the efforts of the SCI and will whole heartedly support them as to the best of my abilitys. Its just right now my abilitys aint that durn much.

I wish them nothing but the best in this venture.

Rich Higgins

slagmaker, I didn't think that you were implying that SCI was "out for money". I know that money is very tight for a lot of us right now.
I just took the opportunity to extoll the virtue of the SCI philosophy.

HaMeR

QuoteBeing a member of the IPSCI forums dont cost nothing

:confused:

Thank you for your recent interest in the IPCSCI forum.  Unfortunately the bulletin board is for chapter members and business only.  I apologize if you're already a member and I did not recognize your name or email address.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions.

Gary Clevenger
membership@IPCSCI.org
ph 661-269-9534

What am I missing on the free forums??  :confused:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

Looks like the forums arn't so free after all.

Hay I am not saying anything negative. You just cant be a member of the forums if-n-ya dont pay up. I wish the IPCSCI all the best.

HaMeR

It's only a problem for now. Until I get back to work that is.  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

So does it cost $70 each year to belong to IPCSCI?   Or $70 the first year and $20 each year thereafter?   :confused:

slagmaker

If I read it right its $70 every year. $50 for the SCI membership and $20 for the IPC part of it.

Got to watch calling it just by the IPC acronym. It could also be mistaken for the "Indiana Predator Challenge" and that would just be giving JRB free publicity.

Bopeye

Most of you know that I won't join crap that costs money. I, like most of us, have seen so many of these fly by night, crooked SOB's in this sport that it makes my stomach turn when I even read their name or even have a very brief thought of them. Oops, just writing that made me think of a several of them and I tasted some vomit in my mouth.
Anyway, when I went through what Safari Club International has been doing for a long time with hunting it made me go...........hmmm.  :wo:
I dug a little deeper and this bunch is really in it for hunting. Nobody can vote themselves in forever, so that means nobody can grab a stranglehold on power, profits, or whatever.  God knows we've seen enough of that in the last few years. Term limits is a novel idea.  :wink:
The "Wounded Warrior" project was what really grabbed me. We have the LBL every year and always have a blast. I love you guys that I see at the LBL. Almost all that attend are in this sport for the love of it, not to profit from it or build our names. What if we could have our wounded warriors who have sacrificed so much for this country come to this hunt. There's plenty of us that know the LBL. We couldn't guarantee them a coyote, but we could guarantee them our camaraderie, our gratitude, our love of our sport, our time. These men aren't looking for a handout, they are looking for the chance to do what men like to do, but now might need some help. What if we could make a difference in their lives. Ft. Campbell is close to the hunt. The home of the 101st Airborne and the 5th Special Forces Group. It's just a thought and I am in no way saying let's do this right now. I'm just saying, let's think about sharing a day with some of our heroes that our government likes to forget. What would one day with a wounded warrior hurt us at a 3,4 or 5 day hunt?
Semp is one of my heroes on this board. I call him my internet "Dad". There's reasons for that. One of them is he went and fought for my right to write anything I want on here. I may not say it, but I hope I always show it to him that I appreciate his service for our country. I'd like to be able to show that to some others. If not the LBL, then at least somewhere.

Peace to my brothers in the sport.

slagmaker

I agree with ya 110% there Bop.

Rich Higgins

Major Boddiker and Lance Homman have joined the steering committee.

There is a Guest Forum at the top of the IPCSCI page. You do not have to be a member or even register to post . If you have questions or suggestions please post there.

Bopeye, Chris Hasty , a director of PVCI, is in charge of the Wounded Warrior Hunt that he has scheduled for Oct. It will be the first predator hunt that Wounded Warriors has scheduled and Chris is going to do it properly. He will bring the three big Arizona clubs together to provide EVERYTHING the Warriors will need. We will have a campout staging area where one of the large conservation organizations will feed everyone. The local TV stations will be invited to share the event with the public to help spread awareness of the soldiers plight and the humanitarian efforts of the sporstmen.
If you are interested in promoting a Wounded Warrior hunt we can provide you with contact info with the WW org.
I'll keep you apprised of our progress now through the event.