• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Christmas concert again.

Started by pitw, December 13, 2009, 09:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I believe I told you guys that last year our little town[43 people] and surrounding district put on our first annual Christmas concert. A couple lady's were not happy with the way schools are doing them and wanted a good old fashioned one.   Well we had the second one today and it was -35F and I'm thinking this could be a wreck. I guess I shouldn't have worried because without any advertising we had over 200 people show up in our old school[converted to our local hall since the school shut down in 85].  It was unbelievable to see that people from 50 miles away brought their youngun's and grand parents to be there to see how it's done.  It can do nothing but grow now as long as we keep helping the volunteers who worked to put it on.  There was enough santa presents for all the kids [My wife said we had to have enough] and all the food came in with every car that arrived. 
  Even our local politician showed up and I damb near died laughing  when my big buddy met him 10 feet inside the door and said "You S,O,B if you try to shake one hand I'll personally bust that hand that you shake with". :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :yahoo: .
  We had a show for our entertainment that any king or head of state would have enjoyed[but weren't invited to].  This is what happens when people are willing to put up a little work and most of all time for.  I love this little spot of earth where I live :yoyo:.

Here are some pics and I hope you all find peace and fulfillment for Christmas.

And our whole troop.

I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

:yoyo:
I used to love those things. I got quite a video collection of my girls doing school concerts  PRICELESS :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

GunDog

pitw - it sounds like the beginnings of the stuff great movies come from. Congrats to all involved in making it happen ...  :congrats:

Hawks Feather

Glad to see things like this happening.

Jerry

alscalls

I recognize a couple of shoeless stars in this show..... :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Congrats to all as it is a good thing and its hard work...... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Silencer

good to get the community and kids all involved, looks like a great fun filled night

HaMeR

It does look like a fun time. I hope it gets better every year for you.  Merry CHISTmas & Thanks for sharing Barry.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Good stuff Barry !
Good memories.
Scott

Todd Rahm

Did two of those already Barry.  :biggrin: Its a lot of fun watching the kids.