• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Started by 220swift, October 14, 2009, 09:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

220swift

My name is George and i"m from the eastern part of Tennessee.I"m a 64 year old retired mailman. I love hunting coyotes but have never tried to call them. I"ve killed 14 in the last 2 years with guns and snares. They was all within one mile of my house. I can"t tell  that they are any less of them. The persimmons are very scarce this year and i"m having trouble seeing them. I"ve been in a battle with brain cancer for allmost 6 years and you don"t know the enjoyment i"ve got reading the post on this forum. I can allways get a good laugh when i"m down and out. Thanks guys.

FinsnFur

Good deal, and were happy to have ya George. Welocme aboard. :wink:
You shouldnt have waited so long to jump in though.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Your Welcome!!

And Welcome to the board.I am glad to hear that we do put a smile on a face or 2  :biggrin:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Welcome George!! Jump in any time you like cuz we're glad to have ya!!

another damn tennesseean   :rolleye:

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Welcome George and seeing as how some people here have give you a laugh I guess it's your turn to reciprocate.  I use snares a fair bit and agree that taking out a bunch and not seeing a difference does happen.
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

Welcome George !! Glad to have ya.
It can be an entertaining bunch.  :laf:
Scott
Scott

coyote101

Welcome to FinsandFur George.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

220swift

I"ve bought about 600.00 in calls and books so i will be seeking advice from you guys. If i don't kill any i"ll be a happy man.I"ve allways loved to hunt and fish but i"m a much better hunter than fisher. The doctors gave me a year to live in april 2005 but i can still climb these hills around here

HaMeR

Just don't forget your camera because we like pictures around here!!  :yoyo:

I hope you have a ton of luck & even more fun!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Quote from: 220swift on October 14, 2009, 09:38:41 PM
I"ve bought about 600.00 in calls 

Damb things are pricey around here too. :biggrin:  Which one did you get :laf: :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

golfertrout

glad you made it george :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

George,

Glad to have you here and it sounds like you will fit in real well. 

Jerry

alscalls

Welcome Friend....... :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Jeb

Hello George and Welcome ! :congrats:
                 Jeb

JohnP

Welcome aboard George.  Now start posting some stories and pictures. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

vvarmitr

Quote from: 220swift on October 14, 2009, 09:38:41 PM
I"ve bought about 600.00 in calls and books so i will be seeking advice from you guys.
TARNATION George.  W/ that much in stuff you oughta be helping us in our predator pursuits.  :eyebrow:

Tell us about your 220Swift.  :biggrin:  Any pix?

220swift

I"ve had a 220 swift for about 30 years.The first one was a Rugar 77 heavy barrell. The barrell was going bad about 4 years ago but it still shot good. Someone broke into my truck and stole plus a range finder and some ammunition. I took the ins. money and bought a model 12 Savage. It"s a real shooter. Thats one reason i like the 220 swift any bullet you load shoots good and don"t take major scope ajustments. I"m shoting 50 grain V-max now and can get .250 groups most of the time if i don"t get the barrel hot. With 38 grs. of reloader 15 the crony says 3910 fps. The 220 Has a reputation for burning out barrells but the Ruger was shot for over 20 years. When they stole it the scope that was on it was  a fixed 10 power Leupold That i would"t have sold it for $500.00 dollars. It had not been adjusted over 5-6 clicks as long as i had it.

vvarmitr

Daym thieves! :argh:

I had a Ruger #1 in a Swift. Loved it! :biggrin:  Used the 52gr A-Max over a dose of Varget. 
Then my Son-in-law wanted his gun back. :rolleye:  (that's another story)
I highly recommend the 52gr A-Max. I shoot 'em in my 22Varminter too.  Try 'em if you get a chance. :wink:

Will be praying about your cancer.  Lost my brother to cancer a year ago. :sad:

nastygunz

Welcome aboard George ...my oldest brother is named George!....ever since kids we have called him "Gorgeous George" after the old tyme wrassler  :biggrin:

"
  George Raymond Wagner (March 24, 1915â€"December 26, 1963) was an American professional wrestler best known by his ring name Gorgeous George. In the United States, during the First Golden Age of Professional Wrestling in the 1940s-1950s, Gorgeous George gained mainstream popularity and became one of the biggest stars of this period, gaining media attention for his outrageous character, which was described as flamboyant and charismatic. "

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy